Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: I Have New Books!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

I Have New Books!

I couldn't go to the Comic Book store last week because of the blizzard, so finally I wandered in today, and managed to get Hellcat, Thor, the Unworthy Thor, and Green Lantern Corps... and they were pretty darned good.

I really have been in a bit of a funk lately with my books, and I suppose it is high time that I shook myself off, and started paying attention.

I have been enjoying the heck out of Hellcat, because it is silly and funny, and just so... cute! So naturally I am devastated that it is ending after issue 17.

Dammit.

Oh, great Comics God, please don't take away Squirrel Girl or Ms Marvel!

In the Unworthy Thor we FINALLY find out what it was that the Watcher whispered to Thor on the moon that turned him unworthy. I have to say... really? He really can be SUCH a drama queen. Loki would have laughed his ads off.  But Odenton does save Old Asgard, pies off the Collector, and save Thor the Helhound. Oh, and Help shows up and winds up snagging Thanks. Eeww.

In Mighty Thor, she is still fighting with the Shi'ar gods, and boy howdy, are THEY a pair of complete assholes!  Their little godly competition is starting to get out of hand however, as the rest of the Aesir show up and beat up Gladiator and company. Oh, and speaking of Loki, he maaaay have had a little something to do with starting the whole thing, but I get the distinct impression he's not really all that happy with having to hang out with Malekith, so I am assuming he has a long game in hand.

And finally, the Green Lanterns who seem to have grabbed my interest again. Sinestromis dead... at least at the moment, and the remaining Yellow corps are supposedly teaming up with the Green Lanterns.   Not all of them are happy about this, so last issue Guy, went off and took on Arkillo...alone and sans his ring. And in typical Guy fashion, he cleaned his clock.

Oh Guy.

Meanwhile Kyle is back and so is Hal... as pompous as ever, and even Saint Walker. Ganthet and Said try to convince poor Kyle to bring back the dead, but even with Saint Walkers help, his white ring just turns back into the constituent colors, and whoa... Kyle doesn't care because he is now in his old costume... the asymmetrical one with all the black. Dang it, I LOVED that costume!

It is never really made particularly clear WHY Ganthet and Said thought bringing back the dead was a good idea, but they seem to be jiggy with it anyway.

Whew!

I... feel refreshed!

5 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I'm glad you were finally able to get your comics. :)

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thank you! It was rather nice to be able to sit down and just enjoy them... it's been a while.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

So does Arkillo have a glass jaw, did Guy rope-a-dope him or what? because Arkillo basically seems like "Kilowog, but angrier" which does not seem like someone to fistfight.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

Absolutely gutted about Hellcat, myself. One of the best series Marvel is putting out at the moment.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Guy's theory is that he and Arkillo are the most alike, and at first, Guy is in pretty bad shape. But if there is one characteristic that defines Guy Gardner, it is that he just doesn't give up. He beats Arkillo, but almost dies himself. Fortunately, he manages to pull through.

Yeah, I'm crushed about Hellcat. This was a very funny issue though, with Hedy knocking boots with Belial, and Damon Helstrom having a hissy fit, and poor Patsy having magic stress sneezes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home