Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Reviews

And what a lovely little Wednesday this was! 

Blue Beetle #1

Finally!  Nothing all that incredible happens, fights break out and stuff...but man, I have SO been looking forward to this, and now it's here!  Ted!  Jaime!  Milagro!  Ma and Pa Reyes!  Ted!  El Paso! 

*sniff*

I've...I've just missed these guys so much.  And now they're back, and IT'S ABOUT TIME, DC!

So, Jaime is on his way to school, and gets a call from a frenetic Ted Kord that there are Doings a'transpirin' at the old Sun Dollar coffee shop, (wink wink, nudge nudge) and that he should spring into action. He doesn't really want to, because he's late for class, but naturally he does it anyway.  The bad guys are a bit more resilient than he expected, and in the meantime, Ted is leaping about in the Bug, doing SCIENCE and having a ball, although he may be more into this sort of thing than Jaime is.  Oh, and La Dama shows up too.

I will just be sitting here, hugging this comic for a while.

Green Lantern Corps #3

I know the title is Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, but that's a helluva lot to type, and seriously, if you don't know who Hal Jordan is by now, what the heck are you doing on this site?  Yeesh!  There is a tiny bit of info about the ACTUAL Corps, with John trying to fix stuff, and trying to get a hold of Guy, who is out beating people up, which is more or less what Guy lives for. 

Meanwhile, Hal is STILL fighting off the Sinestro Corps, but he's getting overwhelmed.  He yells a lot.  That's something. 

This is nice and all, but it needs less Hal and MORE Corps!


Lucifer #9

All these godly entities really have problems with dealing with personal relationships.  Egad!  Lucifer's son is fighting with Mazikeen, and naturally things are going to Hell in a Handbasket! 

Heh. 

As usual, the art is lovely, and there are wheels within wheels, and angels and...and some other stuff.  It's actually a little hard to come in and describe everything, so just go out and buy it. You'll like it. 


Wonder Woman #5

To be perfectly frank I prefer the even numbers of the issues, with Nicola Scott, but these stories with Diana fighting WITH Cheetah and trying to save Steve are also pretty darned good.  She is still having some trouble trying to reconcile her past, and is it actually her past, or are the Gods just messing with her head?  Greek Gods tend to be jerks sometime, so it is possible. 

Liam Sharp's artwork is also lovely, and Etta shows up and that's always a good thing.


Patsy Walker/Hellcat #9

Oh, Hedy is back to her usual tricks.  This time she's managed to con both Daimon Hellstrom and Buzz Baxter, both of whom of course are Patsy's exes, into thinking that Patsy is doing something nefarious, when naturally, it is HEDY who is the nefarious one!  Nefarious!

I can actually understand Buzz falling for this, because he's a bit of an idiot, but I would have thought Daimon to be a little smarter.  Oh well.  Also Jubilee has an adopted kid and is still a vampire, which rather surprises me. 

Good silly fun.

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #001011

I cannot even begin to be able to explain just how much I love this book.  Doreen is trapped in a nightmare by...well, Nightmare naturally, but she doesn't let that bother her much, as she fights Doctor Octopus, Count Nefaria, AND Venom!  And she does it all with Computer Code!

I now know how to count in binary, which to be perfectly honest, was not something that I knew much about before I read this comic book.  And they say comics aren't educational!  There is also a tiny cameo by Kraven,which always makes my day.  Kraven is becoming one of my favorite characters, simply due to his portrayal in this book. 

Seriously, go out and read this book.  You won't be sorry.  You will be limp with laughter, but that's a good thing.


Archie #ll

I also love this book, which still continues to amaze me.  Betty is depressed, Riverdale is still reeling from Mister Lodge's machinations, and they decide to hold a talent contest. Archie has his band, with Veronica singing, but she can only sing well when she is actually looking at Archie. Otherwise she sounds like a cat with its tail being run over.  Betty is pissed so she forms her own band. 

Actually, Archie and Betty end up actually talking for once, and they mend a few fences, which is nice, but throws Veronica and Sayid into jealous snits.  Gosh, High School!

Not a clunker in the bunch. 

6 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Wonder Woman was definitely wonder-ful. I can't wait to see what happens next. As for Blue Beetle, I haven't read it yet. I'm saving it for when I can read it slowly and savor every panel. I'm so happy to have Jaime and the gang back.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Wonder Woman was pretty much unreadable when it was the Finches... so yes, it is great to have her back, and with a writer who Knows her... not to mention gorgeous artwork.

Seeing both Ted and Jaime was just amazing. Jaime has always had one of the best supporting casts around, and DC's decision to put them all into limbo is just... baffling. Ms. Marvel's success over T Marvel reminds me very much of Jaime and his family, and why DC couldn't see that, I will never know.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Having Jaime and Ted interacting normally (as in Ted doesn't have to go die and isn't undead) was a lot of fun. I adored seeing Jaime's supporting cast and I'm looking forward to seeing how things work out in the future. I'm also thrilled to have another series staying on my pull list. Poor Jaime, Ted is already driving him crazy. Where ever Booster is I'm sure he sympathizes.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I was warned by one of the people at my comics shop to avoid WW by the Finches. It sounded horrible.

And yeah, I never understood not continuing Blue Beetle as it was. It was one of the better pre-New 52 books.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

I'm encouraged by your Blue Beetle review. I'm hoping to get it this weekend.

Daimon probably just felt like mucking around with Patsy and Hedy gave him an excuse. 'Cause yeah, he's usually not an idiot. Maybe Hedy has dark powers.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Daimon was rather hilarious when he was in Journey Into Mystery, and dealing with Kid Loki and Leah, so I a little miffed with him falling for Hedy's machinations. I will say, that Patsy really picked a pair of winners when it comes to her exes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home