Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Back Yet Again

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Back Yet Again

Going camping twice in a row is exhausting. Fun... but exhausting.

I honestly cannot even do reviews because for the first time in... forever, I did not go to the Comic Book store last Wednesday. I looked at the list of books coming out, and there just wasn't anything that in was all that interested in. Maybe this coming week, there will be more and I can go back and reconsider.

Civil War revolted me the first time around, and I am not all that interested the second time. Plus I can only assume that Civil War II is being published simply because of the movie being out. So I will do my best to avoid it. I really have just about reached my limit when it comes to never-ending crossovers.

On the DC side, I am glad that they seem to be bringing back the REAL continuity, but since this is DC we are talking about, I am not all that sure that I can trust the same bunch of people that screwed it up in the first place, to fix it and clean up their mess.

I am getting seriously jaded in my old age.

We will have to wait and see.

4 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I'll have something like a 7 week gap in my comic reading after this week so I might try something out just to have something to read. It might come down to a Jurgens book or a Rucka book.

That's exactly why I think their doing Civil War 2.

I think it will be a mixture of old and new canon when all is said and done. Which is good because as much as I loved the old verse there were still some things I'm glad are gone.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Jeff McGinley said...

It's weird that the movie did such a good job of justifying or ignoring some of the dumber points of the original Civil War, and Marvel's going out of its way to come up with contrivances for a new one which will inevitably lead to more dumbness.

Maybe they sent spies over to DC story meetings.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I know that Marvel has always had a weird fascination with having their heroes fight each other ALL the time, but it is starting to become a fetish at this point. I don't even know what they are using as the reason for all the fussin' and feudin'!

Jeff, I don't know if Marvel needs to send spies since most of DC's food writers have all moved on to Marvel anyway!

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am willing to wait and see, regarding this whole business of the integration of Watchmen characters into the DC universe.

But, then again, I am as old as dirt. I recall a certain amount of outrage when Captain Marvel... excuse me, "Shazam"... got incorporated into the main universe.

There will undoubtedly be some sort of explanation for the other stuff too... but, yes, I also found Captain American's shouting "Hail Hydra!," etc., to be incredibly sketchy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home