Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Darwyn Cooke

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, May 16, 2016

Darwyn Cooke

I am so depressed.  Darwyn Cooke has died from cancer. He was an amazing talent, and far too young.  I had just read where he was sick, but I had no idea how sick.  His Catwoman and Wonder Woman costumes are still my all-time favorite versions.  His New Frontier was epic.  I was fortunate to have one of his hard-bound collections that he actually signed, and I will treasure it forever.

Dagnabit.

It's such a horrible shame.

3 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

It is, he did amazing work. My sister isn't as into comics as I am but one of her favorites was Cooke. She read up on him, got the New Frontier movie and I sent her a Catwoman trade of his work. It's feels very surreal to know he's gone. I was just thinkint that his work always seem to be around, from the recent variants to the upcoming figures. He'll be missed.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Yeah, I'm pretty depressed about it. He was one of the best comics talents around. I wish I'd gotten to meet him so I could've told him how much I loved his work. So sad.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I know! He was an amazing talent, and I am just heartbroken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home