Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Not Much To Say

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Not Much To Say

I really have absolutely nothing pertinant to say today, at least applying to the wacky world of Comic Books.  But still...if I don't get this off my chest, I may just burst.

I work in a very nice Tire Company in Massachussetts.  I answered the phone this morning in my usual mellow tones, saying the name of the company, and how I could help.  A nice woman's voice told me that she thought she had talked to me last week, and had a question about her implants. 

I swear to God, I thought at first she was talking about TPMS, which stands for Tire Pressure Monitoring System, which is that little valve stem thingie on your tires, that tells you if the pressure is low.  It turns out that she was actually slightly confused about exactly whom she was talking to...since she was really discussing implants.

Breast implants. 

I did manage to keep from bursting into hysterical laughter, and gently told her that this was in fact a Tire Store.  She got flustered an hung up.

Best Wrong Number Ever!

Needless to say, the level of humor in a Tire Store is low and coarse...and hilarious.  Quite a number of people offered to inflate her implants, or possibly re-cap them.  Or put her up on a rack and check out her undercarriage.  I believe the term "lube job" was raised.  It was all quite quite absurd...but a wonderful time was had by all.  There is no humor like low humor.  I do hope she managed to find the right person to talk to however.

In addition, we have finally finished our Kitchen Remodel, and now my children are fighting over who gets to use the new stove.  They are volunteering...to make dinner for me several nights a week!  My son came over on the weekend and cooked a turkey!  It was delicious...and buying this stove may have been one of the best moves I ever made. On the other hand, my youngest has decided that perhaps she won't be moving out quite so soon after all. 

Hmmmm...!

Oh, and comics do come out tomorrow, which is always nice. 

4 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

That's pretty great. My coworkers last year were big fans of busting out "that's what he/she said" at every opportunity.

The oddest wrong numbers I've ever gotten were when I still lived in Cape Girardeau, and my cell phone got multiple calls from people who thought I was the DMV. One older man in particular was trying to get his license renewed and could not understand that he had the wrong number. Even after I explained he had called my cell, he still thought I worked at the DMV. Took at least a couple of minutes to straighten him out.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

The DMV? That's a tough one, because most people are already slightly cranky!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I've dealt with prank calls rather than amusing wrong numbers at work. Although I make it hard on them by playing along and not letting it affect me. One was very....graphic but I remained polite. At the end they ran out of material and awkwardly thanked me for the help. I heard from others they had been calling for weeks but after that they never called again.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

That's a brilliant way to handle it, Erin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home