Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: One Month and Counting

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

One Month and Counting

In exactly one month from today, will begin the demolition and resurrection of our beloved 1850 brick Victorian...and event that has been in the planning stage for YEARS!  So I may be a bit distracted from the mundane world of Comic Books for a while.  But of course, I will still be buying them and reading them, and commenting about them, and all that jazz. 

I love old houses, but I have to admit that the upkeep is pretty much constant.  Less than two years ago, we had to completely replace our boiler and hot water, and redo some of the plumbing.  We updated the electricals when we moved in, put on a new roof, and painted and stuff...but still, sometimes things get away from you.  But starting November first, we are going to be gutting our main bathroom, and putting in a new walk-in shower instead of that goddamn bathtub with the crappy sliding doors that I stub my toe on daily, new toilets in all the bathrooms, new sinks, and a whole new kitchen instead of the 1970's era model, with the exactly two feet of counterspace.  Granted, it has a huge butler's pantry and wainscoting and such, but still! 

I'm giddy, I tells ya. 

I'm even giddier about that fact that the Future's End crossovers for the month of September is finally...FINALLY, over!  Man, that was pretty terrible.  So I am looking forward to today's offerings with great anticipation. 

But still...a new stove, that actually works! 

2 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

It sounds awesome, I hope you like the results.

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

We've been living in a half-demolished, half-built kitchen for so long now, I can hardly believe it's all going to be over soon.

I feel faint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home