Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Green Lantern: New Guardians #28

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Green Lantern: New Guardians #28

Well...Gods show up, Gods are killed, the new new Guardians argue about stuff, and Kyle does some things...and GOD I JUST DON'T CARE!

*pant pant*

I love Kyle, I really do...but this is just awful.  I don't know what the hell is going on, and sadly, nor do I care.  Not in the least.  I don't know why Carol is mooning around after Kyle, when it is pretty obvious that he is oblivious to her attentions.  The new new Guardians should be over on Mogo helping out the Green Lanterns, and getting thing straightened out, instead of wandering around. 

Kyle is "supposed to be dead", except that they certainly aren't making any attempts at hiding him, he's going around to various worlds doing his Life thing. 

I keep picking this up thinking that maybe THIS month, it will actually be good, or...make sense, and thinking that I OUGHT to pick it up, but this is my last issue.

Bleh.

8 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

You know what? Me too.

The problem for me is the first New Guardians cast were vivid personalities I'd had time to come to care about in the main GL title but the little blue guys?

Honestly, I can't even remember how many of them there are and their names, let alone their personalities, completely escape me. There's the talky one and a girl, without an issue to hand that's about as far as I'm willing to commit myself.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I think there are six...maybe seven? Who knows? Who really cares?

I miss Ganthet.

This is just so...tedious.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I feel for you. I know what it's like to not like what's being done with the characters you love. To want something to just make sense.

 
At 4:50 AM, Anonymous Steve said...

I like the hard science fiction angel Jordan's doing and doing very well. Carol, Kyle, and the Hobbit Guardians seem inconsequential to that. You could put any lead character in these stories and they wouldn't be fundamentally changed...

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

Yes, right there, what Steve said! Even when HG was a team book it was very much a Kyle book. This version doesn't feel like Kyle's personality is leading it.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thank you Erin.

And Steve, you are absolutely correct. Kyle is so...incidental to the story. He is there...just hanging around, and occasionally doing some sort of...thing. Carol is nagging and whiny, and the new new Guardians are like a bunch of hyperactive two year olds, as they wander the Cosmos...just being nosy as far as I can tell.

I would like to have some actual stories about KYLE!

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Alex said...

You`re so right there.
Did you notice how they hung a lampshade on how not even Kyle and Carol can remember the guardians names? Heh.

I particular liked Kyle's early stories by Marz - even when they read more like a superhero soap opera and had an evil Hal... but they were fun.
Dammit I miss the old convoluted mess of an history - all that crazyness sure had its charme. The New 52 seem way to sober in comparison. Still hoping for the next retcon - how about the old continuity being behind that ominous "source wall"?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That convoluted old mess was rather comforting in a way. But yes, the bit about Kyle not even knowing how many new new Guardians there were, was the one funny moment in the entire book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home