Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Comic Books Save Lives!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Comic Books Save Lives!

Well...let me just say that the title smacks of a tiny bit of hyperbole.  Still...! 

So, I was cleaning out and reorganizing my studio/comic book room.  I am fortunate enough to have a LARGE old Victorian, with a whole lot of rooms, and most of the kids have moved out, so I have this nice former bedroom that is perfect for all of my books, my action figures, more books, my drawing table, 3000 pens and some books.    I gave my son Frank, my former table, and a couple of storage units, and replaced them with a ginormous new drawing desk and storage, which has me all atwitter with delight.

But in order to install all of this, I had to take everything out first.  And seriously...that is a LOT of long boxes and toys, not to mention all of the loose books that I had in stacks, because I just hadn't gotten around to putting them in order yet.  And I installed a nice tall set of shelves above the desk, in order to display my myriad Green Lantern figures, when the step ladder that I was standing on...broke.

A screw came out of the step, and I teetered to the side, and fell off.  Fortunately I landed on a nice soft pile of comic books.  Safe!  Not even a bump or a scratch!  And even more important, the comic books weren't harmed either!  Well, one book had a ripped cover, but it was a Lobdell Teen Titans, so who cares? 

I did get a much more sturdy step ladder.  And I have been diligently sorting and boxing up my books.  The only problem is that...well...it's taking an awfully long time, because I keep finding stuff that I haven't read in ages, and...and it's just so hard NOT to sit down in the middle of a huge pile and start rereading stuff.  This may take a lot longer than I thought.

Now, if my daugther had fallen off that stupid rock wall and landed on a pile of comic books, she wouldn't have broken her foot!

Comics are Good for You!

7 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Boosterrific said...

Think of it this way: you were saved by super heroes.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I was indeed...soft soft super heroes.

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Bryan L said...

Glad you weren't hurt, Sally. I fell off my ladder on New Year's Day while taking down Christmas lights. Fortunately I landed in a bed of bromeliads. I hopped right up and finished taking the lights down. I shall be much more careful in the future -- can't count on getting that lucky again.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Wow, Bryan, that's a lot more serious! Possibly because you were more than one step in the air!

What on earth, are bromeliads? They sound fabulous.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Good thing the comics kept you safe. Glad you're ok.

I am jealous of the room because it sounds like one I want to set up.

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Bryan L said...

Sally, bromeliads are a type of succulent that grows in tropical climates, like here in Florida. The best known example is the pineapple (I've got those too). Some are pretty sharp, but mine just grow red flowers a couple times a year. Fortunately they're squishy and grow thickly together. Mine currently have a Bryan-shaped depression in the middle of them, but they'll grow back.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

They sound lovely.

And thanks, Erin. It is awfully nice to have a whole room for my idiotic hobby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home