Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: My Feminism has received a Crushing Blow

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, January 07, 2013

My Feminism has received a Crushing Blow

I seem to be getting crankier in my old age.  I was at work today, and dealing with any number of customers who were actually angry with Dinsdale, one of the Piranha Brothers who run my place of employment, and my quasi-boss.  So I was already in a fairly peevish sort of mood.  And it is Monday. 

But when one of the Store Managers called me and asked me what were the names of those "gals" who also work here...you know, the secretaries...I completely lost my mind, and pointed out that those "gals" happened to be the Office Manager who has worked here for 20 years, and the Accounts Payable Clerk, and that they didn't happen to be secretaries, simply because they were women.   Then I put him through to the Office Manager who probably makes more money than he does, but she'll always just be a secretary to him...and alas, to practically all the other men in the office. 

Heck, I'm referred to as Dinsdale's "girl" all of the time, when he is talking to customers on the phone.  Drives me nuts, it does.  Do people call up and ask for the "boys" or the "guys" names that work here?  Oh, you know, the comptroller or the asst. manager? 

So, naturally I thought of Hal.

gil kane hal

Even Hal is shocked.

And another thing!  They have gone and redone Photobucket, so trying to post a picture now involves three or four extra steps!  Gah!  I don't HAVE a Facebook account!  I only annoy you here!

Blah.

2 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back In the days when I owned a comic shop I always mildly sexually harassed my male regulars.

They knew I was harmless but they were a bit nonplussed by my pointing out that their main function was to look pretty while women did all the heavy thinking.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

*snerk*

It's a little disconcerting when the boot is on the other foot, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home