Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Having a Good Wallow

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Having a Good Wallow

I...actually went to my beloved Comic Book Store on a Saturday, as well as on my usual Wednesday jaunt.  It...was quite busy!  That's a good thing, I imagine.  But I just couldn't wait until this coming Wednesday.  I haven't had a good Comic Book wallow in quite a while, although I used to indulge in them when I was first coming back from my hiatus back in the day. 

Suddenly, I had to find a whole crapload of books that I had missed, or that had special stuff, or just because I wanted to read about what had happened during the time that I got married and starting spawning.  I'd go to the Comic Book store, or send away for books, and get a LOT of them all at once, and it was like a visual orgy.  I don't really need to do that sort of thing any more, mainly because I'm caught up, and also because Trades make it SO much more convenient and cheaper than having to track down all of those individual copies.

However...sometimes I miss it a bit.

Anyway, I've been enjoying the heck out of Journey Into Mystery, over at Marvel, mainly because the concept of a young teen Loki simply delights me, and also because Thor was my very first Comic Crush.  But although I was reading Thor sporadically, I missed some of the first issues of Journey Into Mystery, so I Tracked Them Down, and spent half of the weekend just indulging in some good old-fashioned Comic reading. 

It...was lovely. 

When you sit down and go through an entire arc, or even series of arcs of a book in one sitting, it is amazing how coherent it all is.  Usually anyway.   But fun.  Lots and Lots of fun.  THIS is one of the reasons why I read comics!

Anyhoo.  If ;you are looking for a really good book, I cannot recommend this highly enough.  Now excuse me, while I go back and read some more.

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Bob Buethe said...

Want a good wallow? Go over to the Digital Comic Museum and spend a few hours submerged in Golden Age comic book stories that are now public domain. I'm discovering lots of characters there that I never new existed, like Electric Ray, the Blue Flame, and the Purple Zombie.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Bob Buethe said...

Of course I meant "knew," not "new." Darn this keyboard.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Bob, it sounds fabulous. I will check it out immediately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home