Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: It Was A Green Lantern Weekend

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, March 19, 2012

It Was A Green Lantern Weekend

So. It was St. Patrick's day on Saturday, which put me in the sort of mood to appreciate green even more than usual. And Sunday, we marched in the St. Patrick's Day parade in Holyoke, Massachusetts which is only one of the largest in the country! The parade started at noon, and our corps didn't step off until 1:40, and we weren't even anywhere near to being at the end! Sheesh! But it was sunny and nice, and a rollicking good time was had by all.

Also the first NEW episode of the new Green Lantern cartoon was on, which was nice, since I had already seen the previous two episodes as the one hour pilot. I don't know what all the fuss is about. Yes, the computer imaging is a little blocky and a little simple. Who cares? It's about the Green Lanterns! Now...I just want to see MORE Green Lanterns!

And, Saturday evening, on HBO, was the Green Lantern movie, with Ryan Reynolds, and it was a thing of beauty. Yes, it isn't perfect. And I think that probably there were some scenes left on the editing floor that would have improved it. But I still like it. The scenes on Oa, were my favorite, Tomar Re and Sinestro and Kilowog were phenomenal, and there was the fun of picking out the Lanterns that I know in the group shots. Salaak in particular looked great. The Guardians were both terrifying and awe-inspiring, which is as it should be.

I also thought that Carol Ferris was actually quite well done, by Blake Lively, Hector was creepy which is very true to life, and...oh heck. I will probably watch it again tomight...just because I can. It WOULD be nice to have a sequel. With Guy. And John and Kyle. But I'll settle for Guy.

Photobucket

Because you can never ever have too many Lanterns.

4 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is this preview also. With Carol as Star Sapphire:
http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/122/1221043p1.html
uswzb

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

I think Carol Ferris was one of the best things of that movie. :)

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Lantern Kiaori said...

I didn't like the movie. Just those wonderful 5 seconds with Bzzd, Salaak and R'amney. Damn, Oa was beautiful. But I do want a sequel with Guy, he can make everything better <3 . More Lanterns ftw!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It's true. Guy makes everything better.

Carol was pretty fabulous in the movie. I loved how she figured out that it was Hal in about five seconds. Teehee! She KNOWS those cheekbones!

Kiaori, I too liked the Oa scenes the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home