Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Pent Up

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, November 07, 2011

Pent Up

So, it's Monday, and the power is back on for almost everyone, except for the people who don't have it. Oh, Northeast Futility! But enough of that, it's time to talk about Comics. I'm just going to go with the whole stream of conciousness thing, because I really haven't got a thing in my head today.

Apparently, DC whupped Marvel's behind in sales in the last couple of months! I am rather amazed by this, it has been a very long time, since DC beat Marvel at anything. Marvel responded by laying off a whole passel of editors and people, and cancelling the new Doctor Doom miniseries, which is rather a shame, really. I probably wouldn't have picked it up, but I imagine that there were a lot of people who WOULD have. I also don't know if laying people off was a direct result of DC getting the market share, but it seems suspicious. Quod erat demonstrandum and all of that.

Incidentally, that is about all the latin that I know. Other than Kirby hic erat.

Fortunately, I have to say that with a few quibbles, I'm rather enjoying the new books. It still drives me a little crazy that all of the precious continuity that I spent YEARS memorizing is apparently out the window, not to mention that a ton of my favorite characters aren't being written about...but...I'm trying to take a long view here. If comics has taught me anything, it is that EVERYTHING comes back...sooner or later. If they can bring back Barry, or Bucky, they can bring back Ted Kord. Some day. And Wally, and Peej, and Ralph and Sue and Doctor Polaris. And heck, Superman and Lois might end up married again. But i the meantime, they are telling some fairly decent stories with a fresh perspective, and I find that, almost against my will, I'm getting interested.

Apparently I'm easy. Who knew?

And in the meantime, and for now particular reason, other than it makes me smile...

Photobucket

We still have Batman. And Etrigan. And dammit, I like Etrigan.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Rx3 said...

That _face_. Oh man.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I love that one of the bat ears is broken off. Plus, Etrigan really likes kissing people for some reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home