Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Well That was a Hoot

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Well That was a Hoot

I finally say "Megamind" on HBO the other night, because I hardly ever acually physically go out to the movies, and because I'm cheap. But it was a hoot. A hoot and a half!

And the whole time that he's fighting with Metro Man in the beginning...all I could think of, was that Metro Man may have been a riff on Superman...but in personality...he was ALL Booster Gold.

Oh, and that the villain's name was "Hal" also cracked me up.

3 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous JimmytheJiver said...

Metro Man in style had a homage to Captain Marvel and Elvis (who took his style from Captain Marvel Jr.). It's funny that Brad Pitt (who voiced him) sounds like his friend George Clooney.

Did you also notice Hal Stewart! aka Titan? Nice homage.

The movie was serviceable compared to most Dreamworks films.

Sorry I haven't responded much. I'm laying low on most things 52. I've enjoyed some titles though.

I'm still angered that Justice Society are on Earth-2 (where they're stuck with Infinity Inc. and no Silver Age characters to interact with grrr...), Ted Kord never existed (according to Didio) and Ray Palmer was most likely never Atom (as Ryan is Atom in JLA according to Jim Lee), but at least Ray exists at all (in Frankenstein's science research department).

 
At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Lordofthewaters said...

Love the Megamind. The Hal Sterart reference was the first item I talked about after seeing the film for the first time. A good film for us comic types:)

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It was an awfully funny film.

I'm depressed about the JSA as well. On the other hand, considering the disappearance of so many of my favorite characters, I guess I'm happy that they actually...you know...EXIST!

No Ted Kord makes me...sad. Unless they bring him in later or something.

I sometimes wonder about the mind set at both DC and Marvel. Is it REALLY worth angering your loyal customers on a regular basis, in order to bring in some sort of ephemeral and possibly non-existant NEW customer? I can't really think of any other business that operates that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home