Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Archer Fans?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Archer Fans?

Not too long ago, I discovered the television show "Archer" on FX, and I have to admit, that along with "The Brave & the Bold", it is one of my favorites. It's like James Bond crossed with the old JLI, and drawn to look like Jonny Quest. Seriously, the artwork really reminds me of Alex Toth.

And there is going to BE a new Brave & the Bold this Friday, not to mention Booster Gold and Blue Beetle are going to be showing up on "Smallville" this week. In an episode written by Geoff Johns no less! Smallville is getting a little peculiar, considering practically every other hero in the DC Universe has shown up by now EXCEPT for Superman! I wish...I REALLY wish that they would have a Green Lantern on, but the special effects budget might be too small. Still...it could be a lot of fun.

I'm actually starting to feel a bit better, so it's off to the Comical Book Store! Green Lanterns are in today!

5 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I just heard someone talking about Archer yesterday! You read my mind again.

It seemed more aimed towards teenage boys, but now that it has your stamp of approval, I'm willing to give it a try.

I'm excited for Booster Gold on Smallville. I've been talking him up to my best friend ever since I found out he'd be making an appearance on the show. I hope he doens't disappoint.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

According to Wikipedia, Friday's Brave and the Bold episode is supposed to be about the JLI. Y'know, in case you didn't have enough to look forward to. :)

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh, it's going to be a lovely lovely Friday!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Liss, did you ever watch the original Jonny Quest cartoons? The art style of the animation on Archer is highly reminiscent of that style, and it is gorgeous.

It's about a spy organization called ISIS, and stuff, but mainly all the meployees sit around and bitch about their benefits, and whom is shagging whom, and it is hilarious in a completely non-politically correct sort of way.

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Dermie said...

I love Archer! Archer himself is so offensive and yet so hilarious at the same time. I recently got the 1st season on DVD, and I'm eagerly waiting for the 2nd season to air on a station I get.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home