Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Thank God it's Wednesday

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thank God it's Wednesday

The strain of actually having to wait an extra week for Green Lantern was telling on me. And, I actually found Power Girl, which for some unknown reason, I managed to completely skip last week. Amanda Conner just makes me smile.

Gotham City Sirens is out. I have to admit to rather liking this. The last issue, mainly featured the Riddler instead of the Sirens, but I didn't care, because frankly, I adore Mr. Nigma. If they had a book that was just about the Riddler going around being a detective, I would buy it in a heartbeat. But anyway, the cover isn't even too outrageous, mainly because of the fortuitous placement of the barcode over Poison Ivy's tuchus. They'd never do that to a Green Lantern butt, that's for sure!

Jack of Fables has a gorgeous Brian Bolland cover as usual. It features a fat and aging Jack, and for some reason, a chicken. This looks...intriguing.

I also picked up the 80 page Giant Justice League of America. I personally adore the 80 page Giants, and Classifieds, and Quarterly books. For one, they make me feel nostalgic, and for another, they have some great stories. I can hardly wait to dip into this one.

JSA has Mangog on the cover. Prominently. Which is a bit of a shame really, because I simply can't stand the man. I DO hope that Wildcat makes kibble out of him...although that probably won't be happening, since I think they are going to be splitting the JSA in half. I know which half I'll be getting. The one without Mangog.

Wonder Woman looks like a lot of fun too. She just can't seem to stay away from her family can she? I keep hoping that the Amazons will see the light, and kick Zeus in the patootie.

Now that I've oohed and aahed over the covers... I think that I shall actually sit down and READ my books! I suggest that you all do the same.

2 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

They'd better never put a barcode over Hal Jordan's butt!

-- unless they're also willing to hand over the scanner. ;-)

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

*snerk*

There are just some things that you DON'T mess with. Hal's ass is one of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home