Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Technology

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Technology

I have done something, that I thought I would never do. I...I have acquired a cell phone. I didn't really want one, but my kids talked me into it.

"How else can we get a hold of you?" they would ask. I would reply, that they could call me on the REAL phone.

"What if people are trying to talk to you?" Well, I don't really enjoy talking on the phone all that much. I have to answer it at work, but it isn't really my cup of tea. I LIKE being unavailable.

"What if your car breaks down?" I have to admit, that this last one, actually does make some sense.

So...I have a cell phone. It's currently on the charger because I don't quite know what to do with it. I'm not sure of the phone number, I haven't figured out how to call out on it, and I certainly haven't been able to figure out how to answer a call on it...but dammit...I'm CONNECTED!

I feel so hip. But I absolutely refuse to learn how to text.

10 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever broke down in traffic, I'm sure Guy Gardner would show up to rescue his number one fan.

But a cell phone isn't a bad thing to have, just in case.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I'd wreck my own car, if Guy would show up!

But I agree, it IS nice to be able to summon some help, if need be. I just refuse to use it otherwise.

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger alan0825 said...

Good for you. I turn mine on about once a week, if I'm going out of town, I also refuse to text (but, I do take pix sometimes).

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

GASP!?!?!!

I feel for ya! I reluctantly made the switch to Cell a couple of years ago, because Mr. Sea's job required him to have his own cell phone, and it seemed silly to have the cell phone AND a landline. So, we both got cells and got rid of the landline.

My cell phone isn't fancy. I just use it as a phone, that's all. I'm with you -- I don't much like talking on the phone, either. I have to admit, though, that it IS fun to play with the ringtones. ;-)

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Heh... I fell happy in the company of so many fellow anti-tech freaks. :)

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the phone. But it is nice when people have cell phones. Then I can call the person, instead of the place where I guess the person might be.

-- Jack of Spades

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I understand, that they can certainly come in quite handy. It's just that I'm so tired of them being used inappropriately...at funerals, in church, during concerts, in the bathroom...!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Stay strong. Don't text. Solidarity, my sister.

I hardly use my cell phone, either. I'd rather just talk to someone in person. I work in an all-girls' high school and my goodness you should see these kids text...they're going to have carpul tunnel when they're in their twenties. I also can't believe the amount of parents who text their children during the school day to check up on them...when I was a kid, the only way parents could communicate with their kids during the day was if they put a little note in their lunchbox.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

I have a mobile and a landline. The good thing about a mobile is that you can turn it to silent and ignore any calls, as well as seeing who's calling. I like texting, it's easier than phone calls.
The good thing about the landline is that it doesn't give me a headache to use it, like the mobile does. and it's cheaper for people calling me. if i coose to answer it.
of course, life would be much easier if everyone emailed. I hate using the telephone at home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home