Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Westerns ARE fun

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Westerns ARE fun

Well, it's day two of the ongoing competition between Dwayne over at Matching Dragoons, and myself. So far, I would have to say that it's pretty much a draw. Get it? A "draw"? Jonah Hex LOVES to draw!

Haw!

Er...ahem.

Anyway, getting back to the matter at hand, it is my firm belief that it is practically manditory to hit Jonah over the head with a pistol butt, whenever you happen to run into him. Or whatever may be handy. However, I also believe that Hal manages to get pummelled with a much wider range of weapons. Has Jonah Hex ever been beaten by an "Oscar" statuette or a yellow ceiling tile? I think NOT!

However, in keeping with the "Western" theme, I give you this.

Hal and Ollie

It's from Green Lantern/Green Arrow, #110. It's a slightly ridiculous tale, having both Ollie and Hal somehow get zapped into an alternate dimension, that has cowboys, and Ollie's genuine Indian bow and arrow, given to him, courtesy of Speedy. Uhmmm...naturally our boys end up fighting the bad guy, who happens to be a gunslinger with four arms, and hilarity ensues.

Hal should learn NOT to hide behind water troughs.

6 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

For a minute (or most of the day) I thought I had won on the second day!!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Nah, it's just that now that I am gainfully employed, I can no longer do my blogging in the morning.

Life is SO hard.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

I'm fairly sure that if this were a contest between which of them had knocked themselves out the most, Hal would win hands down.

As it is, I suspect this will come to a draw.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Ha! I love that story -- it's so goofy. :-)

Let the contest continue!

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Sally, scheduled posts are your friends. :P

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous rich said...

Given that the Oscar statuettes didn't exist until 1928 and weren't aawarded till 1929, Jonah's odds of getting bopped on the coco by one are pretty slim. Although he did do some time-travelling at one point, now that I think of it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home