Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Bursting with Enthusiasm

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bursting with Enthusiasm

Wow! That was a heck of a good week for me...not a clunker in the bunch.

First we start with the next episode in the Great Fables Crossover, with the Literals #l, although it is actually third in a series of nine. I hope that lots of people are picking this up, because it's pretty good, really, although an explanation to someone who ISN'T reading Fables or Jack of Fables, would be incredibly convoluted. But the Creator of all the Fables has rediscovered his identity...and he's bored, and wants to come up with a new spin on the Universe. Naturally, the Fables and various other literary manifestations, not to mention some others, are against this idea.

You won't BELIEVE what he does to Bigby!

Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds, #4 of 5. Geoff Johns writes it, and George Perez draws it, and oh, what the heck, I enjoyed it. We finally get an explanation of Bart's return, and why exactly he's young again. It makes perfect sense to me. Superbrat Prime is being his usual charming self, and the Brainiacs have a cunning plan. Oh, and there is time travel and an interesting twist. What's NOT to like?

Green Lantern #40, and the shit well and truly hits the fan.

Blackest Night #0. Technically speaking, this is supposed to be out on Saturday, for Free Comics Day, but my beloved Comic Book Store Proprietor took pity on me, after I fluttered my eyelashes at him, and made pouty noises. I may be getting long in the tooth, but by God, I still have SOME Feminine wiles. It's quite nice of course, and has art by Ivan Reis, so I'm QUITE happy.

Justice Society of America is the farewell issue I believe, for Geoff Johns, and it is a nice little change of pace from all the mayhem, with Courtney's belated Birthday party. The artwork by Dale Eaglesham is simply gorgeous of course, and I have to admit that I even started to tear up...just a tiny bit, at Wildcat's confession to Wildcat Jr.

"I'd be YOUR sidekick any day of the WEEK, you Pain in the Ass!"

Truly, words to live by.

Get it. It...it's sweet, dammit.

Trinity #48. Whew, we're in the homestretch now, by God! Krona receives something of a surprise.

Wonder Woman#31. I can honestly say, that I did NOT see that coming, with the identity of Genocide. Whew! Also, I loved her reunion with Nemesis, and the fact that she didn't want to mention that the back of his hospital gown was open the whole time as he was walking away from her. Obviously, being in the Justice League, and having FINE asses like Hal's and John's around, has given her a taste for Male pulchritude...at least when it comes to hindquarters.

...Where was I? Oh, some other good stuff happens too.

I wish that ALL my comic weeks were as good as this one!

6 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I'm not reading the Final Crisis Legion books til I have the whole set. There's been too much time between issues for me to remember what happened in the last ones.

JSA was wonderful. The new team has a lot to live up to.

I was surprised by the ID of Genoicide, too. Gail can really plot a story!

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused about the "timing" of when you know who grabbed that body in WW. Any ideas?


-Michael

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

This run and issue of JSA was EXACTLY what a superhero team in the DCU should be like: a big, happy family. The last full page spread was priceless. Nonsensical, but utterly priceless.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Fables trades. I WILL stick to Fables trades. I WILL. I WILL ...! But, darnit, it's getting more difficult!

GL was great, as usual. "World Peace" indeed. Methinks Hal has watched far too many beauty pageants. ;-)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yeah, Hal wishing for "World Peace" and then the ring calling himi insincere, was something of a hoot.

Heh heh.

Michael, I think that the body of Genocide was snatched from some nebulous "future", and brought back, while Ares was up to his nefarious tricks. Gods apparently can DO stuff like that.

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm guess for some reason I didn't picture Ares time traveling to the future lol.

Can't really wait for the next issue of WW. Achilles prettiness seems to come from the Brad Pitt school of beauty...I like it.

-Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home