Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: ...Uh...!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, August 08, 2008

...Uh...!

Talk about drawing a blank! I not only can't really think of anything that is remotely important or even interesting, but I also can't think of a title. That's rather sad, really. Sadder than Mike, the Human Flame being lobotomized over in Final Crises. Sadder than Hawkman's retcon being retconned...again. Sadder than Jonah Hex burning down his nice spanking new log cabin, because he realized that he'll never ever be able to escape his past, and it's no use even trying.

Wow! There was a lot of heartbreak this week!

There were a lot of questions too. As much as I like Final Crises...and I DO, I just don't understand how heat vision can keep Lois's heart beating. No doubt there is a reasonable explanation for this, but I ain't seein' it.

And why, oh WHY did they feel the need to give ANOTHER origin for Hawkman? I rather thought that it was all cleaned up, more or less a while back. It may not have been perfect, but it was something. And then all of a sudden, out of the blue, all that is swept away by Jim Starlin...who then decided NOT to put anything in its place. Bwuhuh?

Man, I'm cranky today! Normally, I like to look at the good things in my comics. And there are some bright moments. I don't care what anybody says, I'm glad that Barry Allen is back. And so is Iris. (wink wink, nudge nudge) Heck, I 'll bet that eventually, even Bart will be back. And apparently, Ethan Van Sciver is going to be doing a new costume for Wally. THAT should be interesting.

Aquaman is back...I think. At least there he was in all of his orange-shirted and short-haired glory, sitting on a giant Seahorse! That's the Aquaman that I fell in love with at a very young age, from watching the Superfriends. I also had a crush on Race Bannon, but that's neither here nor there.

It's going to be the second tier heroes that go up against Darkseid. This pleases me, because all of my absolute favorite heroes ARE second tier. That's not to say that I don't like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, because I do. But there was a REASON that my favorite incarnation of the Justice League was the old Giffen/DeMatteis one. I just adore second stringers. Heck, I adore THIRD stringers in some cases.

On the plus side, Snapper Carr did not show in any of my books this week. Jimmie Olsen did, but you can't have everything.

And finally...

Photobucket

The thought of Hal and the word "spurt" in ANY sort of context, just cracks me up.

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Oh, but Snapper will be appearing soon! Urgh ...!

DC and Marvel really should do a "crossover event" starring Snapper and Rick Jones. ;-)

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Tony Z™ said...

"Capping that blast" is so totally going to be my new thing. I love it!

Too bad Bruce and Barry will have to settle for sudden, quick spurts.

That's just too much!!!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I find Rick Jones to be annoying as well, but not nearly as annoying as Snapper for some reason.

Yeah, the thought of "Hal" and the word "spurt" in the same sentence just makes me start giggling like a schoolgirl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home