Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh it's Wednes...Wait.

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oh it's Wednes...Wait.

I keep forgetting that the new books won't come until tomorrow, because of Memorial Day. I love Memorial Day. We have parades, and as a Civil War buff, (the American Civil War, not that crap from Marvel) I understand and applaud the whole idea of memorialzing our soldiers. We also have picnics, and can now properly wear white shoes...at least until Labor Day.

And yet, that tiny shallow and selfish part of me, is moaning, because I have to Wait Another Whole Day until the new books come out. Really GOOD books too. I have absolutely NO shame, and I find myself bursting into tears just at the thought of it.

There are some other exciting things going on too, apparently. I don't know if any of you have read the articles about Tokyopop that are on CBR and Newsarama and various other places, but I have to say that the "contract" that they are offering is the the one of the most outrageous things that I have read in a very long time. Basically, they are offering a competition, without really saying that it is a competition, but in order to participate, you have to sign over ALL your rights as a creator for all perpetuity and maybe...MAYBE they will pay you a pittance, and you may or may not have to serve a year in the brothel of their choice. I KNEW there was a reason that I didn't read Manga!

I was quite crushed to learn that the sequel to the Green Lantern Corpse story by Keith Champagne won't be coming out...at least not any time soon. Jamal Igle was going to draw it too. I am quite confused as to why DC wouldn't think that anything that is Green Lantern related wouldn't make a ton...nay a shit-load of money right now. Thanks to the first Corpse story and a little thing called the Sinestro Corps War, the Green Lanterns are where it is happening!

The Starman Omnibus is coming out tomorrow! I ordered it weeks and weeks ago, and now I'm terrified that it won't show up. And Blue Beetle, and All-Star Superman, and Green Lantern, and a whole other ton of stuff.

Oh well. I came across this in my browsings, and I can only assume that this is the sort of thing that happens when the Justice League gets bored. But MAN, Batman can be pissy.

Photobucket

4 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

That panel's fantastic! A pure WTF? moment!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Beautiful snappage!! I HAVE that book. Weren't they deciding which villain that they would each be fighting and they wanted to swap bad guys?

That makes sense to me since several times the JLA had to switch foes in order to win. Heck, send Superman after the Joker and it's over in about 20 seconds.

I think Batman is mad because he'll be exposed for the talentless poser that he is.

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

There was a time when Batman was almost human, and even somewhat admirable and likable -- and still THE Batman. I miss that Batman very much. *Sigh.*

I made the same mistake of going to the comic store today! I didn't come away totally empty-handed, though. I got my grubby mits on Volume 1 of the Mad archives. :-) GREAT STUFF!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I love the line about them all being "boyish". Hee...except Batman of course. He was never boyish, even when he WAS a boy.

Heroes should switch villains more often. Keep themselves from stagnating, AND they get to punch different people.

Sea, those old MAD books are magnificent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home