Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Confidentially...!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Confidentially...!

It has come to my attention that Kevin Maguire is doing the artwork on this and next month's Batman Confidential. Not being much of a Batman fan, this fell completely underneath my radar, and it is a darned shame. Thank goodness for Scans Daily, otherwise, I never would have realized just what it was, that I was missing.

Batman

>Batman

NOBODY does expressions like Kevin Maguire, and it's killing me that he's not being used more often. If DC went and put him on Justice League, I do believe that I would have an apoplexy of delight.

But what delights me even more, is that the duel between Batgirl and Catwoman, in lesser hands, would have degenerated into a boob n' butt show (I'm looking at YOU, Ed Benes!). In Maguire's extremely capable hands, this is just another superhero/villain slugfest. They may be women, they may be very attractive women, but they aren't doing this for fun, they aren't posing, they aren't arching their backs or thrusting out their bosoms, or licking their luscious red lips. They're FIGHTING, and it HURTS! There is effort, and you can practically hear the grunts. Again, they're NOT posing.

It's...it's SUCH a breath of fresh air. So, I will actually break down and buy a Batman book this coming week, and then I'll buy the sequel, and I Will Enjoy It.

8 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

This....looks....AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the heads-up, Sal!

And the reason we probably don't see more stuff by Kevin Maguire is that he's not exactly Barry Allen as far as drawing speed goes.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Doesn't it just look so good? Unfortunately, it seems as though all of my favorite artists aren't particularly speedy.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Scipio said...

And yet, never have I been more anxious to see Catwoman and Batgirl naked, as we will in the next issue...

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Ah, see? You've hit upon one of the great secrets behind appreciating Batman stories. Batman has NEVER been about Batman -- Batman has ALWAYS been about Batman's supporting characters! :-)

And, yes, the art here is perfect!

I should dig up an old Batgirl story I have in which the art is particularly ridiculous. I think Babs was taking the night off and Power Girl was substituting for her.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hey, Sally -- On a totally different note, you know that scan you have of Impulse sitting on top of Kyle? That's from a storyline collected in the Green Lantern: Baptism of Fire graphic novel. Just FYI. ;-)

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Thank you, Sea. I had been wondering. Of course I can understand wanting to sit on top of Kyle, I'd like to do it myself, but it seemed rather arbitrary. Is this the one with Wally too?

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

ALL of the Justice Leaguers are in it.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said...

Thanks for the heads-up, btw! I'm totally picking this up. God, Kevin Maguire is awesome. Plus, Oracle in her Batgirl years? Nifty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home