Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: And While We're on the Subject of Art

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

And While We're on the Subject of Art

Man, I am just on a roll lately. We have looked at some delightfully charming artwork by Kevin Maguire, and some depressingly cheesy artwork by Greg Land. Let us now feast our eyes upon the upcoming cover to Green Lantern Corps #27, which is not actually coming out until August, but I couldn't wait.

It is by a gentleman named Rudolfo Migliari, and it is beautiful.

Guy and Kyle

*sigh*

It just makes me weep with joy at the gorgeousness of it all. The contrast between the matt finish of the black portions of their uniforms and the gleam of the green is beautifully done. I don't know if I've ever seen Kyle's mask look better. And Guy is just so purty.

The eye reflects them, and the other eyes reflect other Lanterns, which is rather cool. The artist did not put in their feet, but he did put in male anatomy, which is always nice.

I absolutely adore Patrick Gleason, but I will have to say, that this is a really nice cover.

8 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Oh, YES! I saw that cover and instantly thought of you. :-) Wow, Kyle and Guy are BOTH just so ... so ... PRETTY!

However, the cover for Justice League of America #24 just made me LAUGH ... and LAUGH ...! Hal Jordan staring up at Animal Man's crotch. Too funny!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

kyle and guy are definitely stuffing with socks or something

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Stuffing with socks? I don't know, the crotches look pretty natural to me. Despite the fact that the angle puts them right in our faces, my eye was immediately drawn to the shininess of the green on Kyle and to the folds of the fabric on Guy's jacket collar instead.

It is a very pretty cover. And the new Warriors opens in this issue! I can't wait.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Ms. P said...

It IS a very pretty cover. The inside art is apparently by someone else, but not Pat Gleason, so I'm supposing that it is a fill-in artist.

I don't care, I just want Warrior's to open. I imagine it will be something of a Bacchanal, but that's how it SHOULD be.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Hey, Sally -- artist Rodolfo Migliari has a BLOG:

http://rodolfomigliari.blogspot.com/

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Ms. P said...

Wait a minute...why is the fershlugginer computer posting my comments under my daughter's name and icon?

CURSE YOU, computer Gods!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Ok...fixed that little glitch. I'm ME again.

Thank you, Sea! I'll be checking it out forthwith.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

All I can say is "Aye yi yi!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home