Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Stream of Conciousness strikes again

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Stream of Conciousness strikes again

Considering that I had to read "The Sound & the Fury" by William Faulkner in High School...and I HATED it, I sure do seem to be using this wandering and mainly meandering way of writing a lot lately. This is supposed to disguise the fact that I don't have a CLUE.

On the other hand, it IS Wednesday, and that is always a plus. Man, having to wait an extra day last week was a severe strain on my patience, and that is taking into effect that I actually like Memorial Day, and went to the parade and everything. I believe that there is some decent stuff coming out today, but no Green Lantern Corps, which saddens me. I am however, dying for Birds of Prey.

Now this picture just cracks me up.

<silly

For some reason, I'm convinced that Hal has a tin ear. If the Green Lanterns ever got a band together, I don't think they'd let him anywhere NEAR it. I've heard the Roy Harper can play the drums, so he could be in it, and I imagine for some reason that Kyle and Guy can actually play guitar. John Stewart on keyboards of course. Maybe Kilowog on base. Hal and Ollie would have to sit crying in their beer, because the other kids won't let them play. Haw!

Speaking of Hal, here's a lovely shot of him, being bonked with some bad guy's knee.

Hal Pictures

His KNEE? Oh Hal.

11 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Sometimes it seems like those power rings have a semi-sentient "mean streak." I mean, they do a good job of saving Lanterns from sudden death (like stopping Hal from getting shot in the back of the head at point-blank range). However, the rings seem to have absolutely no qualms whatsoever about letting Lanterns get whacked in the head, lacerated, tranqued, clotheslined, power-beamed, laser-beamed, nearly suffocated, nearly frozen to death, nearly fried to death, or (case in point) kneed in the chin. It's almost like the rings kinda sit back and say, "Okay, let's see just how much this idiot can take, heh, heh, heh ..." ;-)

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Guy probably holds the record for the number and quality of comas, and John's been in a wheelchair a couple of times, while Kyle seems to have the original "kiss of death", but when it comes to getting hit in the head, you just can't beat Hal.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Yeah, it hardly seems fair that Guy is the one who's had brain damage. If any GL should have brain damage, it's good ol' Hal.

 
At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLUNCH!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

I think I saw that Bat-Instrument at a Renn Fest somewhere...

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It IS interesting isn't it? Some sort of "Bat Dulcimer" perhaps?

Seriously, would you want a dulcimer in YOUR rock band?

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Oh, but that's such a '60's thing. They need a flute, too. Where's the Pied Piper when you need him? ;-)

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'd think Hal would have practiced avoiding that kind of thing during JLA training sessions. I mean, Ralph Dibny used to punch people with his knees all the time...

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Heh heh. God I miss Ralph. Ralph and his rubbery knees of doom.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger rachelle said...

I have no doubt that Batman can play the hell out of...whatever he's playing there.

I imagine Batman as an accomplished pianist. And I picture Hal as maybe taking one guitar lesson to impress girls, but then he gave it up because it was hard and boring.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Actually, Hal did play guitar in a very early GL story, back when he first met "Dorine." And, yep, you guessed it -- he played it to impress girls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home