Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Aawwwwwww!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Aawwwwwww!

Isn't this the cutest thing ever?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ramsey has little Green Lantern pajamas! I want some! He's actually portrayed as a child too, which is always nice. I hate it when artists draw kids as if they were just short adults.

I admit it, I was a latecome to Manhunter. However, I have been converted to the light, and am busy tracking down the back issues, and or trades. Needless to say, I'm awfully glad that they have decided NOT to cancel this book. It has an interesting cast of characters, and I'm pretty well convinced that Andreyko is an excellent writer. This is also the only place that I can get a decent portrayal of Wonder Woman...at least until Gail Simone takes over.

But his portrayal of Wonder Woman just...shines. She refused to let Kate use the audio from the video of her snapping Max's neck, because it might hurt Superman. THAT'S my girl! She's genuinely heartbroken about Ted Kord, and seriously pissed off at Everyman. Again, this is nice, because it must be said that she was one of the few people to take Ted seriously during Countdown to Infinite Crises. I STILL say that if Bats had just shut up and listened for once, Ted would still be alive. And I love the fact that she's driving the hummer. Although, in her own book, she apparently wouldn't know how to put gas in it.

There is also the scene of Mark fighting off the St. Dumas whacko in his shower. He's not a Green Lantern, but he'll do in a pinch!

But I loved...LOVED the fact that Todd showed up, mocking his recent doings at the Justice Society. Wallpaper indeed! Considering what a whining, messed up, angsty trainwreck that Obsidian USED to be, it is so nice to see him normal and happy.

Heck, they are ALL happy! I'm such a sap, that I believe that even fictional superheroes and heroines deserve a break once in a while and a little happiness. I understand the conflict, misunderstandings and angst drive the stories, but they really don't deserve to be miserable ALL of the time. Which is why I'm glad...GLAD to see that they are bringing back Tora Olafsdottir, that Booster Gold is getting his own book...(maybe Ted will show up!) and why I'm loving Blue Beetle and the Brave and the Bold.

Booyah!

3 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Nick said...

I hope Ted will show up too. It seems like other then Wonder Woman and the Birds of Prey, nobody has given a flip about Ted's death, it's really been pissing me off. No real funeral or anything. I mean Hal Jordan/Parallax gets a full funeral but Ted gets nothing? WTF!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, it was JUST Blue Beetle. Pfooey. I love Ted, and he should have had a huge honkin' funeral. Still, it's better than what they did for poor Booster. Fortunately, Booster isn't ACTUALLY dead, but they didn't know that at the time.

The JLI'ers get NO respect.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Canton said...

I do hope Ramsey gets to ride in that invisible jet somehow, someday... ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home