Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Power Girl

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Power Girl

There has been a bit of a kerfuffle lately on the various blogs and boards about the Michael Turner drawn cover of Power Girl, with Black Canary lurking moodily in the background. No, I'm not going to show it. You've already seen it...I know you have, and I have certain standards for Pete's sake.

Anyway...in standard Liefeld...OOPS...Turner fashion, there are NO hands or feet. Power Girl is facing the viewer, sort of, but all you can see are her GINORMOUS BREASTS! In typical Turner fashion, her torso has been drawn out and elongated, and these two incredible basket balls have been grafted awkwardly onto poor Kara's chest.

Ralph Dibney never looked this elongated.

Dinah is a bit pouty, because her breasts are only huge instead of insanely huge.

Enough is enough already. I like Power Girl. I've always liked her, I think that she's fun and sassy and tough, and she likes to hit things. I even like her cat. But there is so much more to her than her..."assets".

THIS is how Power Girl is supposed to look:

<Photobucket

That is all.

4 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Yay! Boobies post!

Love Power Girl. Even from back before I enjoyed boobies the way I do today. Well, after I stopped enjoying them in one way, but before I started a whole new level of boobie enjoyment.

Anyway, one of my co-workers who's just starting to read comics (well, the ones I bring into work, anyway) asked me about her after he saw that exact same Hughes drawing as my desktop. I explained the basics of her background (and seriously, could anyone explain her background in depth?), and the whole Wally Wood's ever increasing her boobie size thing.

The next week, when I brought in the weekly batch of books for him to read, I got this:

"Do any of these have that Super-Boob chick?"

Everybody loves Power Girl.

(Boobies)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

*sigh* I don't mind Power Girl's breasts...as you say, they ARE a part of her. I even happen to have a rather nice pair myself. But there IS more to her than just enormous, ENORMOUS milk-duds.

I think that Adam Hughes drawes her beautifully. He is also capable of drawing hands and feet, and expressions, and various body types. Turner on the other hand, has a single body type, and a single expression...vacant.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Erich said...

Yeah, that Michael Turner cover just made me think, "Oh, COME ON...!" That was just ridiculous.

The Adam Hughes sketch, on the other hand, is not only more realistically proportioned, but it also captures her attitude and personality.

While we're on the subject, I thought you might appreciate one of my contributions to the recently-revived "Always Remember" meme...I used this Amanda Connor image of PG because I felt it also suitably captured her kick-ass spirit.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Erich, that's adorable...in a Peeg sort of way. She's gorgeous, but tough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home