Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: There's a Girl in the Clubhouse...Part Two

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

There's a Girl in the Clubhouse...Part Two

Ahhh...Wednesday, sweet Wednesday. Nevertheless after my run-in a few weeks back, I was slightly cautious about entering my beloved Comic book store. But it was such a good week...Green Lantern #14 AND Fables, not to mention lots and lots of other goodies.

So, I got my books and had a lovely discussion with some of the other guys about how lame Civl War is. Actually, when the subject came up, I COULD understand why Sue Richards would leave her kids in Reed's care. I've GOT four kids, and believe me, there were days when I would have left them with Darkseid. Fortunately, those moments usually pass. Personally, going with the darker look for Marvel, I imagine that after leaving the kids without food for a week, Reed will discover that Franklin had to eat the baby to survive. But I digress.

No crazy men jumping out shrieking that I was a GIRL, just a nice and friendly geeky conversation. And that, my Lords and Ladies, is what a great comic book store experience is all about.

5 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

AAAAHHHHHH!!! You can't escape spam! It's everywhere! I feel sick...

Anyway, it's nice you didn't have to deal with any morons this time around. Can we expect more of Guy Gardner's greatest moments soon? I've heard he might not be around much longer.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Not around much longer? What...what heresy is this that you spout sir? Gaaahhhh! Seriously, I'm clutching my heart here.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Ms. P said...

Geez Mom, Darkseid? We're not that bad are we? :-P

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Brandon Bragg said...

A close friend, and Green Lantern aficianado, told me he's seen some preview art floating around with Guy beaten to a bloody, lifeless pulp. I just hope it's not an escaped Superboy Prime that does the deed.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

He may be talking about the cover to Green Lantern Corps #7 I believe, with Guy in the snow, and blood all over the place and this brain-eater/worm thingie crawling away. Actually a gorgeous if disturbing piece of art. However Guy does keep showing up on the covers of future solicits for GLC, so I don't think they are going to kill him off. Wound him nastily perhaps, but not kill him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home