Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: And Speaking of Being Snookered...!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, July 15, 2017

And Speaking of Being Snookered...!

I am getting the strangest notifications from my Photobucket account lately. I also just noticed that my banner seems to have mysteriously vanished. They want me to authorize opening my account up to third person parties... or something. What does that even mean?

I haven't been using it lately, because my old computer is mostly kerflunked, and I have been using my tablet instead.  Apparently this has made them pussy, but I don't want some other person accessing my pictures. Granted, they are mostly of Guy, but still!

Why is the internet so confusing?

4 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

It happened to me too. Photobucket wanted to make more money since they claim the ads don't give them enough of a profit. Third party basically means a site where others can see the images. Mostly ebay, on forums and apparently your own blog. Their pretty much randoming your account as you have to update it to have your pictures shown. I think someone said that would be 400 dollars a year? Needless to say people aren't happy. I don't intend to do it. See if you can upload your banner by other means. I must have done it when I created my blog otherwise the image would be missing.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Wow! Doesn't sound like extortion at all!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

Yeah, it's affected a lot of people on a private message board I visit. They would post to the board by linking to their pics on Photobucket, and now they can't unless they pay the fee. You can upload pics to Blogger. That's where I have my blog headers and the occasional photo post. With my photoblog, I use the share link from flickr where most of my photos are. I have a paid flickr account, but it's not too expensive and they do have a free account.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well...photobucket can blow me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home