Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: What the Heck?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

What the Heck?

For some reason, that now escapes me, I downloaded this particular picture.  I don't know why, unless it was in utter disbelief. 

I know that Art is subjective.  There are Artists that I adore, that aren't everyone's cup of tea.  There are popular Artists that other people adore, that give me the cauld grue.  It's just...it's just that there are So Many Things Wrong with this.

 photo awfulliefeld_zpsjvo7ehiy.jpg

Oh...God.

For one thing, I really don't have the faintest idea who any of these people are.  That woman in the front has breasts bigger than her head.  That guy in the front has muscles where muscles are not supposed to be.  His MUSCLES have muscles!  Spines don't work that way. 

I don't mind cartoony art.  I LOVE the art in Squirrel Girl for example.  I don't mind stylized art.  But a vague knowledge of simple anatomy would be appreciated.  And feet.  Why the hell is it so hard to draw feet? 

I'll stop now.

4 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I recognize some of those critters from Youngblood, an old Image Comics title. I think it may still be around...?

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Johnny Panic is also the name of a band. :-)

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

I think I remember Short-Arse Wolverine in the middle but only because of the famous article "Rob Leifeld Can't Draw Feet".

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh he cannot draw feet at all. Liefeld also only has three expressions, and each character has about 50 teeth.

The women have these strange undulating spines, and waists and ribcage incapable of actually holding organs.

The men have no genitals... but bizarre musculature. Must be the steroids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home