Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: I Barely Can Believe This

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, May 04, 2015

I Barely Can Believe This

I've been a bit worried about the distinct lack of Guy Gardner in the new DC following whatever the hell it is that DC is going to be doing after Convergence.  Hal has his own book of course.  Hal always manages to land on his feet.  John, Kilowog and Arisia are in the Corps book, although they will apparently be stranded or something. But no Kyle and no Guy.

My heart is starting to palpitate.  I had heard...rumors of something that Giffen and DeMatteis were up to in their Justice League 3000 book, which I had been checking out in a desultory fashion, and only actually started reading after Ice and Fire showed up.  Oh, and Ted and Booster.  Because frankly, I don't give a crap about the clones of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, or whomever they are supposed to be.  I want my Justice Buddies, dammit!

And there...in the Previews, in a picture of the cover...is Guy.

Kinda.

I...I hardly even know how to type this.  Guy is Gal again, and dressed in his/her old Green Lantern uniform, and WITH that goddamned haircut...but female now.  I don't know how, I don't know why, and I sure as hell wonder what the heck Ice is going to make of all of this. Is it really Guy?  Another clone that went awry?  A really bad joke?

Having Guy as a woman actually HAS been done before, in the now classic Beau Smith issue waaaay back when, when Guy was running around as Warrior, wearing tattoos and a smile.  Dementor turned him into a She-Warrior, and hilarity ensued!  It really is a very funny issue, and if you haven't read it, you really ought to try and find a copy lurking in the dollar bins, because it is a hoot.  Plus Guy is actually wearing MORE clothes as a woman.

Since this all takes place in the far future, I could actually SEE Guy as Warrior again!  That might even make a bit of sense, if they brought back all of the Vuldarian business, which was bizarre, but oddly entertaining.  However, I dont' think, that is their intent, so I will have to just wait and see what is actually going on. Knowing those two, I am sure it is going to be...different.

I can't wait.

9 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Gal? Really? Oh, maybe now we can get Hal' s reaction!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Guy's Vuldarian genetics asserting themselves again? Being a woman gave him a really, really good immune system so he could live longer? OK, a thousand years longer is silly, but that whole book seems kind of silly, so why not?

It actually might be cool if Guy was a really old, cranky lady. Went with the bowl cut because it was less hassle, still has the ring, still picks fights, still kicks butt. But yeah, that's strange.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

All I have seen is a tiny background figure on the cover in Previews... and I almost swallowed my tongue.

Apparently Super Girl is supposed to show up too

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Yeah according to the solicits the first appearance of Gal Gardner in JL3001 will be in a backup teaser story this month. You'll see the 8 page teaser story for Prez in the back of Batgirl this week. If you don't get the particular issues physically all of the 8 page stories for upcoming series will be available for free digitally.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

At this point Dc will probably find a way to make ALL of their mid-to-high tier characters survive into the year 3000. Clones. Weird DNA. Cyborgs. Heads in jars...

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Bwhahahaha!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger JimmyTheJiver said...

I don't think it's Guy, I think it's the redhead Ariel Masters mixed with Guy's genetics, much like how they mixed Barry's genetics with Teri and now we have a female Flash. I wouldn't give my hopes up on this series. I also fear that Supergirl is going to be Matrix who I don't like and not Kara who I do since Giffen wrote her for Convergence.

I'm going to take a wait and see approach, but I honestly think you'll end up disappointed.

I for one am disappointed by Hal being gone on all solicits meaning he probably died as his powers were sapping his lifespan which means we won't get the Hal vs. Sinestro clone showdown we were teased assuming plans fell through.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger JimmyTheJiver said...

I wish that this universe could sustain a past book featuring a pre-52 Justice League. Honestly wouldn't mind if it was International mixed with heavy hitters to anchor the book. Seeing Guy and Ted bounce off of Batman and Superman makes the big two less dull, though if it were me I'd jettison them and minimally keep Wonder Woman, Hal and Barry with the breakout International characters. I think there's a lost opportunity to have the classic satellite League mix it up with International. Hal and Barry, Ted and Booster, Fire and Ice, Wondy and Black Canary or Zatanna, Hal and Guy, Guy and Barry, Guy and Wondy would make great friendship and rivalries.

I remember a pre-flashpoint mini-series where Booster Gold, Rip Hunter, Hal Jordan and Superman were hanging out doing a mission through time and Hal's animosity with Booster seams like a natural set up for a growth for a relationship if the two would just end up on the same team for once.

Then there's Booster Gold and Barry Allen's moment in Flashpoint before everything changed and reset, of course.

Ted and Barry seam like naturals for a friendship too, to bad one's dead when the other is alive and vice versa.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Jimmy, there is no reason why the JLI and the JLA can't co-exist. It's like DC doesn't even WANT my money!

That Time Travelling series, with Rip, Booster and Hal and Superman had its moments, with Rip schooling Superman, and Booster being rude to Hal...who quite frankly deserved it.

The Clash of the Egos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home