Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Wonderful Wednesdays

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wonderful Wednesdays

Actually of course, it is Thursday, but Wednesday still was a fairly decent day for new comics.  Of course I also say that just about every week.  I'm pretty easy to please.  Most of the time.

Batman #21

This is Scott Snyder's take on Batman's first year as a hero, in the new 52 Universe, and as usual, it was very very good.  I really do like Greg Capullo's artwork, and I would love to snabble him for Green Lantern!    This is a young Bruce Wayne, pre-Robin Batman, and Alfred of course, is fabulous.  I didn't even know that he had an uncle!  And look, Edward Nigma!  

I LOVE the Riddler! 

Much more than I love the Red Hood, but his plots seem sufficiently nefarious to hold my interest. 

I liked this a lot.

Batman: Li'l Gotham #2 and #3

I am as usual, a little bit late to this book, but gosh darn it...it's adorable.  So...so adorable.  The art is sensational, and the stories are fun, and this is something that can be shared so well with kids and adults alike.  You need to hook them early in the comic book habit!

Egad...so CUTE!

Constantine #4

I wasn't really sure about this book, since I was an old Hellblazer fan...but it's not bad.  Not bad at all.  The artwork is very nice, and the story has captured John's sangfroid rather well.  I believe that this is all going to be leading into Trinity War fairly soon, which is ok. 

Good.

Demon Knights #21

I also like this book a lot, and it is primarily because I like this book, that I am not having hysterics over Robert Venditti writing for Green Lanterns. 

If I can't have the Secret Six, I can enjoy this motley crew of villains and heroes doing their best to outmaneuvre each other, and possibly do a little bit of good on the side. 

They are after the grail, and with Jason Blood's help have figured out a doorway.  Ystin and our favorite Amazon make up, there is a fat joke about Horsewoman's steed, and Vandal Savage gets a minor comeuppance. 

It's all good!


Green Lantern Corps #21

Again...not bad!

Superman Unchained #1

This was decent.  I don't really like Jim Lee's arwork all that much.  It's ok, but it leaves me a little bit cold.   But Superman does his super sort of thing, and saves the day, and confronts Lex, who is actually pretty fabulous...and does more of his super stuff.  Lois's dad, has set up a secret base under the sea, and it is all very intriguing.  There is a poster inside the book, which I couldn't figure out how to read around, which was annoying.  But it is nice that they are actually paying some attention to Superman's 75th anniversary.  Now if they would just drop this whole idiotic idea with Clark and Diana and get him back with Lois, I would be perfectly happy. 

Because as usual, it is all about what I want.

Thor: God of Thunder #9

Dagnabit, this just keeps getting better.  Gorr is still building his giant bomb,so that he can destroy all of the Gods at once.  There is a certain amount of speculation over what that black goo that gives him his powers is actually composed of.  And you have old cranky All-Father Thor, who is a hoot, present day Thor, and young and stupid Thor...who is also a hoot.  And who rides a space Shark.

It's a poignant moment. 

Damn, this is fun.

So...a pretty decent week all around.  I hope that you all enjoyed YOUR books as well!

4 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Randy Jackson said...

I thought Constantine was okay, but it didn't knock my socks off. There's just something missing that's leaving me detached.

As far as Thor goes, I for one am really sick of Gorr the God Butcher. I feel like they've been telling his story for a year now, and I'm just bored with it and don't care anymore.

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Boosterrific said...

I want Lois and Clark together again (for the first time?), too. So it's not just all about what you want, it's all about what WE want!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Lil' Gotham: I used to get this online but once they started coming out in print I decided to hold off. I'll just get the whole thing in trade.

Superman: I could take or leave Jim Lees' work. It's alright but not my favorite. From what I hear Clark won't be with Diana for long. Really it'd never last outside a Elseworld tale. Their not destined for each other. Lois is perfect for him and that will never change.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Erin, my feelings exactly. In fact, my feeling is that the entire 52 Universe is one long Elseworld's tale, and the sooner we get back to the REAL universe, the happier I shall be.

Randy, I feel about the same way with Constantine. It's...ok...but lacks the earthiness of Hellblazer. And the swearing.

Booster, the whole Gorr story does seem to be dragging a bit. But I forgive it because of the space sharks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home