Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: The Doldrums

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

The Doldrums

I...I am at a loss for words.  This doesn't really happen to me all THAT often, but it's true.  Nothing outrageous has happened lately, other than the much lamented shutting down of  Comics Alliance, which is STILL driving me nuts, because I keep forgetting and click onto it automatically, and then the disappointment rushes over me all over again. 

Damn.

I think that Green Lantern is going to be late, which might be awkward if the other coordinating books come out on time.  It all evens out in the end, but still.  I am looking forward to seeing how Geoff Johns wraps up his rather epic sojourn on my favorite books.  It is going to be so...weird not having him, or Peter Tomasi.  I can't say that I am all that excited about them turning Guy back into a Red Lantern, especially since it was established that he really really HATED being a Red Lantern.  Hopefully they won't kill off Kyle again to do it. Or Tora.  Or anybody with the exception of Volthoom, because I REALLY hate that guy. 

I did have a very nice chat with Justin at my beloved Comic Book Shop. He was patiently trying to show some young guys some of the older Roy Thomas Avenger books that they had expressed interest in, only to be disappointed because the art doesn't look the same as it does nowadays. 

Sheesh. 

So I went and picked up some Prince Valiant books, and a lovely compilation of Alex Toth, which made me feel so much better. 

On the plus side, it IS Wednesday, and Wednesday is always a delight.

Also...

 photo haljorthebarbarian_zps74c2a678.png

It would be an absolute hoot if the new writers for Green Lantern decided to use THIS version of Hal!

2 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger alan0825 said...

How ironic that Dan Adkins passed away today per Mark Evanier's blog. Still love your blog and read it every night.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh, I did not know that! What a shame.

But thanks for reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home