Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: A Small Week...but a Decent Week

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, November 09, 2012

A Small Week...but a Decent Week

Due to my own stupidity, and fear of being killed in the first snowstorm of the year, I completely forgot to pick up my books Wednesday, so I had to go Thursday instead.  Fortunately for me, the books were still there, just dying to be picked up and read.  Not a LOT of books...but still. 

Action Comics #14

This was certainly a bit different.  We apparently have a manned colony on Mars?  Another reason that the DC Universe is so awesome, although I am not sure exactly how J'onn J'onnz may feel about this.  The colony is being attacked by giant metal robot thingies, that keep shrieking about Me Ta Lek!  Fortuantely for all, Superman shows up and gives them all a whuppin.  And then uses his brains, and his awesomness to do some more whuppin.

Alas it is for naught, as the extra astronaut turns out to be a rather nasty little fellow who is nursing a grudge.  Oh, and Killer Angels as well.  Rags Morales does his usual superb job with the artwork,  And the backup feature with Sholly  Fisch and Chris Sprouse is actually my favorite, with Superman showing up at an observatory, where they have managed to find Krypton.  Or actually, it has taken this long for the light from the destruction of Krypton to show up where we could see it.  I love that they are actually using Science!

Fairest #9

Well, I have to say that Rapunzel is quite a bit more interesting than I had originally thought.  This takes us to Japan, and all sorts of shenanigans, with the Japanese Fables hiding in plain sight, and Jack getting up to his usual antics, since this is all in the past a bit.  Not bad at all.

Green Lantern #14

Oh Barry.  Don't make me come over there and slap you!


World's Finest #6

I don't usually pick this up, but this cover, with Huntress and Damian, both drawn by Kevin Maguire was just too delicious to resist.  Although I have to say that Damian is even more obnoxious than usual.  Still...Kevin Maguire!

And finally just to top the whole thing off, I managed to get my hands on a DC Showcase of Young Love.

It...it is hilarious!  All those gawdawful Romance comics!  Evil sisters!  Handsome Doctors!  A Nurse who cries so much that I don't see how she can see to do her nursing stuff!  More evil sisters!  The belief that all pretty young women wanted nothing more than to be swept off their dainty feet by any good-looking young cad who wandered by!  EVIL SISTERS!!

Some pretty decent art actually.  But seriously, I laughed my ass off.  It's even more fun if you pretend that they are all Green Lanterns.
Photobucket

This is actually in the book, but it doesn't happen quite the way it is presented.  But when did the scenes in a comic book ever actually match the cover anyway1  Good clean horrible fun!

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

The Action Comics back-up was probably my favourite comic story this week. I like that the scientists saw it as the only favour they could do for the man who can do everything, really sweet.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Frankly, I liked the backup story the best as well...at least of the superman stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home