Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Terrible Art Week

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Terrible Art Week

I think that it is time, for us to indulge in the forbidden fruit...of gawdawful artwork.  This is of course a very very subjective thing...what one person may absolutely love, another may loathe.  Some of my favorite artists include Pat Gleason, Ivan Reis, Doug Mahnke, Neal Adams, Gil Kane, Nick Cardy, Amanda Conner and Nicola Scott...and that is only a tiny tiny number of the artists that I adore, and is just off of the top of my head.

There are a lot of artists that I can't stand.  However, my hatred of their line work, has nothing to do with them personally, and I am sure that Rob Liefeld is a very nice person.  He just...can't draw.  And I used to really like Greg Land, until someone gave him a light box. 

My challenge therefore, is to go out and go through your saved pictures and photobucket and come up with some of the worst pieces of art that you can find.  It has nothing to do with the Characters, or the Story.  Just the Art.

Here's a little tidbit out of my dusty collection.

silly

Good God.  Spidey has such an enormous behind in this rendering!  Considering the contortions that artists usually put poor Peter through, you would have thought they could have come up with something a little more flattering.  I don't even know who DID this! 

He'd never get picked to be in the Green Lantern Corps, I can tell you that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home