Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Into The Home Stretch

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Into The Home Stretch

It's March and Blackest Night is drawing to its ultimate climax. It's been an interesting few months, and I've been as caught up in all of the excitement as anyone. Green Lantern Corps comes out tomorrow, and I would think that Green Lantern and Blackest Night will be out next week or so.

It's been a heck of a ride, but I'm trying to take a step back right before we get to the nitty gritty and take a look at all that has been going on. It has been revealed that "Life" with a capital "L" started on Earth. Considering the actual age of the Universe vs. the relatively short span of the existance of Earth, I find myself slightly skeptical, but there may be caveats that I am not aware of. Perhaps they mean higher forms of life, as opposed to simply microbial. Or the "Life" entity was around before the Earth was actually formed, but just really really liked it here. Or maybe Ganthet is just pulling our collective legs.

I can't help but wonder however about how the Manhunters fit into all of this drama. They seem to have been rather conspicuous by their absence, and I find that...odd. It was the Manhunters after all, who after serving the Guardians for countless ages, suddenly out of the blue went berserk and started slaughtering everything in Sector 666, which is where Atrocitus hails from. The Cyborg Superman, who finds the entire concept of life to be antithetical is also strangely absent from the fray. You would think that he'd be the perfect lieutenant for Nekron.

Could Nekron be responsible for the corruption of the Manhunters, and was the destruction of 666 his first foray into wiping out Life? If that were the case, how did the Guardians beat him back that time? I wonder if this will even come up, or if it is a subject that will be visited AFER Blackest Night?

Time is also fast running out for my necrotic cat-fight between Ice and Kari Limbo. And Guy would have enjoyed it so. I've also rather been expecting Martin Jordan to show up and harass Hal a bit. It's still possible of course.

Are there any confrontations, fights, or guest appearances that YOU would all like to see before it's all over?

12 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Ganthet is pulling everyone's leg. The little bugger does have a tendency of doing that. It's part of his charm -- and what makes him SO much more interesting than any other Guardian. :-)

What else can one expect from a character invented by Larry Niven?

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

You never really know with the Guardians, do you? They may tell you one story now, and another later and somehow always manage to get away with it.

I also rather wonder what is going to happen to Sayd after Blackest Night. Is she REALLY going to be stuck with Larfleeze?

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

i want mogo vs zombie xanshi. with only 1 issue left i'm a little worried it won't happen.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Yes, I'm surprised that we haven't seen more of Hal's family, particularly Martin. And I was really hoping for both Kari Limbo and Mace Gardner. Heck, even a brief moment for Carl Ferris to pop in and say something about his daughter falling for that crazy reckless pilot would have been nice. And, if we can have a zombie planet Xanshi, why not a zombie Bolovax Vik? I want an entire planet of angry dead Kilowogs!

I'm a little annoyed that we didn't get to see more of Black Lantern Abin, particularly since Geoff went to all the trouble of building up his relationship with Sinestro (and continues to milk it for angst-factor even now). I was sort of hoping he would at least get to be around for the final defeat of Nekron. Poor Abin really got the short end of the stick in all this mess -- what with the Guardians making everyone think he was going crazy, and then dying and all.

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I would have to say that the Guardian's goose is just about cooked.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I was hoping Rocket Red would make an appearance somewhere. I miss Dmitri.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Moriarty said...

Maybe I missed it, but I really wanted to see a confrontation between Black Lantern Ch'p and John Stewart. That would have been gold, I tell you!

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

*I* was hoping the confrontation between Hal and the Spectre would be a lot jucier than it was. No such luck.

I guess we're all victims of the vast complexity of the DC Universe. No writer can ever fit in enough details to make ALL of us happy.

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Sayd and Larfleeze... Doesn't having a guardian for your Corps mean you're subject to their rules? I can see Sayd wearing Larfleeze out to the point where he decides to be a Guardian himself or something.

I think we're going to get some "best for last", as evidenced by Tora and someone revealed last weekend (hint- think Rorschach minus Question). So I would think that for Hal and Carol, they'd both see their dads.

Tim Drake's in the midst of creator shift, otherwise I think we might've seen the 2 kids blown up at the end of Robin back as Black Lanterns.

-Anarky

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Oh, I forgot about Ch'p! I want him back!!!

Anarky, you have me intrigued. I'm trying to figure out who that might be, but I'm probably going to break down and go Google it.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

Never thought about the Earth being too young to have been the nest for life. Hmmm-- I don't know what to think now.

I know the Blue Beetle got some exposure on the Booster Gold book, but I really wanted more of him. Ever since the whole deal started, I wanted the big event to finish with some of the Black Lanterns coming back to life; with Ted Kord obviously, being the one being brought back. Now that the new Blue Beetle series got canceled and his back-up story also in the Booster Gold book got closed, the timing is perfect for him to die and give a little more angst to the Teen Titans :D.

Oh, and I've missed G'Nort terribly.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, there's a chronology problem here; the Guardians are supposed to have created the Manhunters circa 4 billion years ago, before the Earth had cooled. Johns writes great epic, but he plays a little loose with his science; I wonder if he's realized yet that Odym and Thanagar have the same sun?

--Jack of Spades

 

Post a Comment

<< Home