Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Still Cranky, But Improving

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, March 05, 2010

Still Cranky, But Improving

Well, I'm still pissed about Lian, but it IS Friday, and the sun is out, and it isn't snowing...and I guess my mood is actually improving, so I suppose I should stop sulking.

For those of you who are also still cranky, I have something to put you into a better frame of mind.

flash

The Flash with an enormous head.

They always show Hal getting whacked, but for some reason, the Silver Age was equally fond of showing Barry either as enormously fat, or with a huge head. They don't seem to do these things to Batman for some reason. But this at least, always makes me smile.

7 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

What I wouldn't give to see an enormously fat Hal Jordan in actual continuity.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

That WOULD be something to see! I can't for the life of me remember any occasions where Hal was presented as unattractive! Well, there was that one time he was sort've a cave man, but still...he had nice hair.

But they were always doing undignified things to poor Barry.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Actually this kind of scares me. Nightmares!!!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

The writers did make Batman really fat in a story once.

Then Batman visited them on Earth-Prime.

No one knows what happened, but the writers never did it again.

As for Hal, my dad had a comic where Hal's mind was somehow swapped into an eagle's, and vice versa. So you had Green Lantern flapping his arms as he flew, and attacking sheep, and an eagle attacking armed thugs, stealing one of their handguns, and somehow firing it with his talons.

Would that work?

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Haw! Calvin, I have that story in the latest Showcase, where Hal is flapping his arms and it is hilarious.

ALMOST as good as the one where he attacks a bear with his head and a beehive...no ring.

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger notintheface said...

Sal, you forgot to mention Barry getting turned into a puppet. He preceeded Puppet Angel in "Smile Time" by over 30 years.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

The puppet issue with Barry is also one of the best covers ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home