Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Reviews!

It's Thursday, and I've had a chance to read and enjoy all of my books. So now of course, I feel the urge to share that experience with you.

Cinderella: From Fabletown with Love #3

Gosh,I'm loving this book to death. Cinderella is teamed up with Aladdin, and they're actually doing pretty well together. Skullduggery is everywhere of course, and something rather peculiar is happening back in Fabletown at the shoe store, but I'm sure that it will all be coming together soon. Very very good.

Doom Patrol #6

Actually...this wasn't bad. Rather an indepth look at life from the point of view of Larry Trainer. I've never read that much about the Doom Patrol before, so it was nice to get some of their history. The real appeal for me however, still remains the back-up feature of the Metal Men, which is hilarious as usual. Gosh, I just love Kevin Maguire.

Jonah Hex #51

Sheesh, for a minute there, I thought this was a continuation of last month's incredible story, but no, the woman at that gravesite is actually a different woman. Rather an interesting story however. It involves dowsing, a scam, lust, and people who actually think they can use Jonah for their own ends. Oh, silly silly people.

JSA-All Stars #2

I'm torn. The story is ok, Courtney ends up kidnapped by none other than Johnny Sorrow, a seriously disturbing villain. She's waiting for someone to rescue her, but manages to rescue herself quite nicely. Magog is busy making an ass of himself as usual.

I do have to say however, that the art is just horrendous. HIDEOUSLY horrendous.

Blackest Night: Suicide Squad

Oh joy. Dead villains, Amanda Waller, Gail Simone and the Secret Six. What could possibly be more perfect? Oh, and Deadshot shoots people.

Blackest Night: Weird Western Tales

Ok, I did enjoy this as well. A descendant of none other than Quentin Turnbull is running a lab of sorts in what is apparently the Mother of all Burial Grounds. They've managed to get their hands ona Black Ring, and are busy trying to analyze it. The person behind all of this, is none other than Simon Stagg. I LOVE Simon Stagg! He's just so rotten. The Ray is involved, using his light powers, but the dead have all risen, and there are a CRAPLOAD of them, including Bat Lash, Scalphunter and even Super Chief! Man, I haven't seen him since 52. Old Turnbull shows up too, and finally of course, none other htan Jonah Hex himself. And in this case, it turns out that blood isn't thicker than water.

"...and in the end all that was left was death...and the acrid smell of gunsmoke."

I LOVE that line!

Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #2

Oh yes indeedy. Greg Rucka is writting it, and Nicola Scott is drawing it, and I'm a happy woman. This covers the battle with Mera that was touched upon in Blackest Night #6, but fleshes things out more. It also shows Diana's thoughts as she's doing her very best to break free from the influence of the ring, but isn't having the best of luck. She also destroys Cassie, Donna AND Hippolyta! This did have me freaked out a little bit, but it turns out to be a ploy of Aphrodite, so that Diana could work out her...uh..."issues" in safety. Then of course, the Violet Ring comes along and bye bye Black Ring.

Lot's fun, and the art is fabulous.

So, not a bad week all in all.

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Stephen R. said...

Great blog! You are SO right about JSA-All Stars. The art is so bad, it's really ruining the book for me. After only two issues!!! :)

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yeah, the art was pretty horrible. And I do keep hoping that something equally horrible will happen to Magog, because I really can't STAND him.

Poor Peej. She's stuck working with someone even more obnoxious than Guy Gardner at his worst.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home