Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: There's this Meme Thing going Around

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

There's this Meme Thing going Around

So, I've been tagged by Saranga for this Meme thingie. I need to have three categories, and explain who I think should win that category. This, as you can see, is pretty open to just about anything.

In the "What the Hell Were They Thinking?" Category, I nominate both Marvel and Dc, for their refusal to ship any comics during the week between Christmas and New Year's. Or maybe it is Diamond for the Shipping. There will apparently be ONE comic, which actually came out last week, and the various retailers had to promise to save it, and that was Blackest Night #6.

Naturally, I WILL be in to pick it up, but I feel very sorry for the poor Comic Book store owners, who are forced to try and come up with some sort of gimmick to get people in on what is normally their busiest day of the week. They have to eat too! So I'm not sure if this move was brilliant or idiotic. Probably the latter.

In the category of comic book FanFiction, I would like to nominate Duskdog. She's been pretty quiet lately, but I still visit "Towards Twilight" which is her site for thumpingly good stories about Green Lanterns and a few other characters. But mostly Green Lanterns. I visited it last night, and much to my delight there was a new story! Woohoo! So Duskdog gets a gold star.

Finally, the category for Best Asses in Comicbookdom. Really, did you think that I'd come up with anything else? I must have behinds on the brain, because my computer at work blew up yesturday, and my boss had to crawl under my desk to undo it, so naturally Michelle and I had to stand there and admire his booty. He whimpered and said it made him feel as though we only liked him for his body, but we laughed cruelly, and made him dance on the desktops for our wanton pleasure.

Wait...that didn't happen at all. I have GOT to stop reading those stupid bodice-rippers! And get back to the point.

Guy pictures

Photobucket

John Stewart

Alan Scott

and

Hal Pictures

I rest my case.

Oh, and if anyone else would like to participate, I'd like to nominate Sea of Green,Shelly, Kalinara, Dwayne and Diamondrock.

Heh heh.

4 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said...

actually, I meant it as an "of the decade" awards thing :] so it'd be like.. best comic ass of the decade :3 not that it would prolly change much xD

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

OMG! Have you seen this: http://speedforce.org/2009/12/green-lantern-street/

Did you know about this?

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Ami, I can award them the Decade's best backside's award just as easily as the year's...or the millenia!

Saranga, all I found was a list of sites with Flash's. Which is nice of course, but I didn't see the Green Lantern stuff. On the other hand, I'm a bit of a dolt when it comes to computery stuff.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

i'm a dolt too. I only kepe up to date through my blogroll.
I want to live on a Green lantern street. or a blue lantern street.
we have a havelock road in my town, but only discworld fans will understand this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home