Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Reviews!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Reviews!

No GLC. *sob*

However, there were some other good books.

Adventure Comics #5

This continues the misadventures of Superboy Prime. Heehee! In his usual misguided fashion, Superbrat ends up invading the offices of DC, trashes a comic book shop, and blames everyone else for his problems. He does end up seeing the light, and there is a sort of a happy ending. Still a lot of fun.

Booster Gold #27

Oh, evil Ted shows up as a Black Lantern. Rip is snarky, Daniel is actually heroic, Rose hows Willpower, and Skeets is invisible to the Black Lanterns. Poor Booster, having to deal with evil Ted is a lo of fun. He even teams up with Blue Beetle Jaime Reyes, which is also fun. The way that they all manage to...deal with Black Lantern Ted is actually rather magnificent. A heck of a good time.

Doom Patrol #5

Not bad, not bad, more shenanigans with the Black Lanterns. I still am getting more of a kick out the back-up feature with the Metal Men, but that's just me.

DC Universe Holiday Special '09

I just adore Holiday Specials. I dont even care if they are any good or not, it's usually just a bit of fun. We have some really good writers and artists here, such as Amy Wolfram, Fred Van Lente and Beau Smith, just to name a few. Some of the stories are a bit hit or miss, some of them are definitely worth while.

Secret Six #16

Oh God, it's Black Alice. I'm glad to see Gail Simone writing again, but I really can't stand Black Alice for some reason. She decides that she's going to join the Secret Six whether they want her or not. Deadshot is back with the crew, and Scandal is still hanging out, but I'm really rather hoping that Black Alice doesn't last too long. Heck, I'd rather have Harley . Still, it's well written, and has some good moments.

So Blackest Night is still roaring right along. Now we hopefully have GLC to look forward to NEXT week. Not that I'm bitter or anything.

8 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger poops said...

It took all of my willpower, but I passed over the comic book shop tonight in order to save a couple of bucks for X-Mas gifts (and get a window screen repaired...how exciting is my life!)

From the sounds of the review, it's just as well...Adventure Comics would have got me all fired up...Prime at the DC Offices?! No thanks...

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Frank Gillespie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Frank Gillespie said...

Prime could have been an A list big bad but sadly I think his time is now past. I think what could have been genuine rage fueled angst is now just sad.

I really thought you would have more to say about one panel with Rip in Booster Gold ;-)

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Fernando said...

I deeply enjoyed REBELS. Vril Dox is one of the first intelligent characters that actually seems intelligent and does not need to be silent to do that.

I also enjoyed a lot batgirl, mainly because Damian was there and it was just hilarious (that "omen" boy there...).

I somehow expected a little bit more from Booster Gold. Jaime was like a zombie in this history, and they could have been more emotionals about the meeting but still was good and as you say, how they take care of the black lantern was very interesting.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Booster Gold wasn't quite what I expected but on the other hand I'm glad he actually did something about it instead of getting beat around. Poor Rip looked so down.

If Batigirl keeps being this awesome I may have to pick it up full time.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well...I noticed that Rip had new stuff on his blackboard, which was interesting. And that he called Booster "Dad" again. And it is a good thing that Daniel and Rose aren't dead, because then Booster and Rip wouldn't be around.

I DID notice that when BL Ted was recalling his pranks, there weren't any played on Guy, although I DO remember the time that they stole his pants, and had to contend with a pushy woman reporter, and a zonked-out Wally.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Diabolu Frank said...

Black Alice and Misfit are characters whose existence puzzles and irritates me. Does Simone inflict characters like these as some sort of sadistic gag? Does she chuckle to herself in the knowledge that most fans see Black Alice on a cover and pull a "who farted" face?

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Yeah, Black Alice just really annoys me. She was ok for that one story arc way back when in Birds of Prey, but she's pretty far down on my list of favorite characters.

I don't mind Misfit so much. "Daaarrrrkk Vengeaaannccee!" does have its charms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home