Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: What Should I Name THIS Week?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, May 18, 2009

What Should I Name THIS Week?

Ok, we've had Bat Bashing, and Hal Whacking, not to mention Guy Glorifying. Now, I've come to John Stewart, and I find myself in something of a pickle. What, oh what should I call a week that honors John? John is Cooler than you Think Week? John is the Smartest Week? Justify John's Existance Week? Does anyone have a better idea? I'd be glad to hear it!

Anyhoo...getting back to John. I have a tendancy to forget about John sometimes, it isn't because I don't like him, because I DO, it...it's just that he has this habit of blending into the background, at least in comparison with his cohorts. Hal, Guy and Kyle are all more histrionic, loud, and cuter. They tend to DEMAND your attention. John is more likely to lurk and do his job quietly and efficiently...which is wonderful, but competence doesn't always get you noticed.

He DOES have quite nice buttocks of course, but that's pretty much a given,considering that it is one of the first requirements to even becoming a Green Lantern. The Guardians have a certain...kink, when you stop and think about it. Not that I'm complaining of course.

But anyway, hereeeeeeeee's Johnny!

John Stewart

This is one of my favorite pictures of John. He does have this impish side to him that doesn't seem to come out very often, but it's there. I imagine that he cultivates a certain dry sense of humor...an asset when dealing with his fellow Earth Lanterns.

John rocks!

8 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Saranga said...

Does he have toothpaste on his top lip? Or is this an early precursor of the got milk adverts?

Or it it obvious and I'm really that blind?

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Shana Jean said...

The Joy of John Week? A Long Week of John? Not the Comedian John Stewart Week?

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous wik said...

'Just John' Week?
'Reliable Ringslinger John Stewart?' [ok, even I hate that one...]
Vote 'Steady' John to avoid potential heart attacks and serious development problems in your local superhero community, although you may end up missing the glaring, exciting inconsistencies from the other Green Lanterns that make life more special...

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

"Going To The John" Week?

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Eye-Roller Lass said...

"Beyond the Wet Blanket"? Or maybe something more dignified,like "The John Stewart Appreciation Week"?
Nah.
I'm always happy to see some love for Mr. Stewart. He may not be a personal fave, but whenever he shows up, no matter the situation, you know everything will be ok in no time. He gets the job done. If you ever need a Green Lantern to help you with something - stop an alien invasion, build a gazebo, anything at all - he's the go-to guy.
Plus, he likes Barbra Streisand.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

"John Stewart is the COOLEST Green Lantern of Earth BECAUSE ..."

;-)

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I believe it's a milkshake, Saranga.

I rather like the "Joy of John" week idea. Although I have to say that I laughed completely inappropriately at Face's. And John Stewart Appreciation week is nice and dignified.

Oh heck, they're ALL good. I may have to go with Sea's however, because it demands audience participation...and heck, because John IS cool.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

A-ha! Thansk for the explanation :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home