Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: The Tried and True

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Tried and True

I've been entirely too serious for the past couple of days. But it is a beautiful Spring day here in New England, and I am in a benevolent mood. Time, therefore, to reach into my old bag of tricks, and present you with such goodies as this.


Hal Pictures
Haw!

Exactly what IS it that makes this so inherently amusing? Is it because Hal is simply so good at taking a pratfall? If we for one second thought that he was going to be hurt, it wouldn't provoke laughter, it would provoke concern. But we know, in our heart of hearts that nothing serious is really going to happen to Hal. Therefore errant ceiling tile and treacherous bars of soap induce mirth rather than trepidation.

Hal Pictures

Of course, my theory may merely be the high-flown rantings of a madwoman. It's probably just because Hal looks so good falling down.

3 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

"No use... my mind... SHOT!"

We know, Hal. We know. It's inevitable after so many blows to the head.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Wasn't aware Hal even had a mind to start with! ;-)

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Teehee. That's one of the reasons why I find this such a knee-slapper. You actually have to HAVE a brain to begin with.

Oh Hal. With all your faults, I love you still.

Duskdog, what have you been up to lately? I'm DYING for new stories, and yours are THE BEST!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home