Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: In Honor of Valentine's Day

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

In Honor of Valentine's Day

Dagnabit! Wouldn't you know that Scans Daily would post the Green Lantern Corp pictures the day AFTER I did my review? I really do need to get my scanner working again.

But anyway, in honor of Valentine's Day, here's our boys talking about the power of LOVE and the douchebaggery of the Guardians.

Guy and Kyle

Wherein Guy is being cagy, and so is Kyle. Not that either of them is fooling anyone.

And here's to our newest couple.
Kyle pictures


Awwwwww!

I love the light effects. Pat Gleason has been doing some really pretty things with the auras lately, such as the "wings" he gives to Miri, and the art noveau effects around Kyle and Soranik.

I know that there is a certain feeling that this attraction between Kyle and Soranik has been a little too sudden, but I suppose that I can see it. After all, it is Kyle who decides against direct orders, to go off and rescue her way back in Recharge. While Guy was busy leering and teasing, Kyle was supportive. Guy's way of showing a girl that he likes her, is more like an eight-year old throwing rocks at her in the schoolyard. Kyle's a bit more gentle.

Besides, he's cute as hell. I certainly can't blame Soranik for noticing Kyle's astoundingly gorgeous behind. And his sideburns. All of a sudden, Kyle's got sideburns. I LOVE sideburns, especially with shorter hair. It looks...so Mr. Darcy.

*sigh*

So let's hope that Soranik is the one who breaks the jinx. Not to mention that there are all kinds of emotions at play here, such as love and hope and fear, all of which I am sure will be tying into Blackest Night. I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle and Soranik's new feelings will have a major effect on things to come.

So, anyway, Happy Valentine's Day. Go forth and consume chocolate.

11 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

2 questions, 1 comment:

Question 1: When you say 'Mr. Darcy", do mean Jefferson Darcy from "Married with Children", or is there a different, more notable Darcy I'm completely ignorant of?

Question 2: What had Kyle been drawing on the placemat? Is it something deeply troubling that acts as a serious mood-killer, or something more innocent?

Comment (and also a question apparently): During the conversation with Guy, I see Kyle is sporting a little bit of stubble (very little, but it's there). So I'd like a verdict from the interested ladies and gentlemen as to whether Kyle should let the stubble grow, or go cleanshaven.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

And I will answer your questions, Calvin.

Question 1. Who is Mr. Darcy? WHO IS MR. DARCY!!????????????

This may be one of those primal differences between Men and Women. Jane Austin's "Pride & Prejudice" which has the inestimable Mr. Darcy as its hero and embodiment of all that is sexy and romantic during the Regency period. Best embodied, by Colin Firth, in the 6 hour production by "A&E".

Please excuse me, while I wipe up my drool. I don't JUST read comics.

Question 2. As of late, Kyle has been drawing the deaths of any number of Green Lanterns, in a realistic and graphic fashion. Guy found one in the trash following their successful opening of Warriors for example, and was somewhat disturbed. We didn't know until now, if Kyle was being gross, or channelling something from Scar or WHAT was going on. Fortunately, Soranik seems to feel that he's handling it the best way he knows how.

And thirdly, a little bit of stubble, with the long sideburns can be...quite attractive. Especially on Kyle.

Now I have to go and cheer on Tony Stewart.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

Ah, that makes sense. I couldn't remember whether Jefferson Darcy had sideburns or not, but I knew he was (I guess) supposed to be cute, so I thought "Well, maybe".

Yeah, I haven't read Pride & Prejudice. I read Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre in high school, is that sort of similar?

I'm glad to hear Kyle is just dealing with his inner turmoil, and not carrying some residual Parallax inside, that's whispering awful things in his ear.

It would be kind of interesting if Kyle had been having visions. He was having them in Joe Kelly's Obsidian Age story, so perhaps it could establish a trend of Kyle having latent ESP or something. Given how nervous Kyle was about doing the right thing with his power when he was Ion, having precognitive powers would probably be a challenge for him. Actually, he doesn't need more stress, never mind.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

While Mr. Rochester had his moments, in Jane Eyre, I have to admit that Heathcliffe from Wuthering Heights was a bit of a tool. But they're Victorian Gentlemen.

If there is anything that Kyle DOESN'T need, it's more stress. Hiding his and Soranik's mutual attraction from the Guardians is going to be tough enough.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It ... really wasn't until the last scan that I realized that Kyle and Guy weren't about to hook up.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Scotty: The page that comes before that first scan sets it up perfectly, too, with Guy ranting about how it's natural for people in high-pressure situations to fall for their partner. :)

I love these little Guy and Kyle friendship scenes. Too bad we don't get more interaction between Hal and John over in GL. They barely feel like partners at all, whereas Guy and Kyle really seem to be a natural pair.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh heck, Guy and Kyle ara at the point where they are finishing each other's sentences now.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

Quick confession: When I was a young'un, I used to think that "Wuthering Heights" was that PBS TV show where the guy from "Monty Python" was running a hotel.

That was before Kate Bush came along.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

Also, since Calvin made a Ted McGinley reference, does that mean that Sally's blog has officially "jumped the shark"? I hope not!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Face, I believe you're thinking of Fawlty Towers, with John Cleese. It was of course, hilarious.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger 2022 Books I've Read said...

This issue was simply amazing. It's so nice to have some good writing in the GL series right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home