Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Just Another Monday

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, October 13, 2008

Just Another Monday

Another shiny fresh new week, is staring me in the face, and I don't have a CLUE! It's Columbus Day, which is nice. The leaves are turning color on the trees, here in New England, the air is crisp, and it's nice to have a fire in the fireplace in the evenings. All of this is just fine, but still, I am sitting here staring in desperation at my computer screen,and trying hard to think about comics.

I can't beat up Hal, because I've done that waaaaay to much lately. I can't even beat up Batman. Somehow smacking around...say Booster Gold for a week, lacks that certain something. I mean, I could DO it, but it wouldn't be as satisfying.

I suppose that I could talk about Guy and Ice, but I've rather analyzed that topic to death lately. Plus, you all might start to wonder if I have a fixation or something. There aren't any memes going around, so I don't have an easy topic. Dammit, writing something witty every day is HARD!

Batman

Howard Chaykin still has the ability to crack me up sometimes. Except for Guy Gardner: Collateral Damage, which was an abomination. But this? This is a hoot.

A hoot and a HALF!

9 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Batman always was a bit of a dictator: "Shine my boots, kid -- and bring me my damn coffee, woman!"

We all know, though, that the REAL Robin and Catwoman would dump scalding hot coffee into Batman's lap and fill his boots with bat guano. ;-)

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Heh. I can't see either of them putting up with this, which is why it's so funny, I suppose. I'm just pretending that this is Bruce's own secret fantasy, and leaving it at that.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Brendan McGinley said...

Ah, a Guy Gardner fan and a fellow Nutmegger. Good to meetcha.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

I have a fixation!

Oh Batman. As much as I tend to dislike him, I can't deny that he's had some of the kookiest, most entertaining stuff happen to him over the years.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Shhhsshh Duskdog. We ALL have a fixation, we're just trying not to upset the normal people.

Welcome Brendan! Whereabouts in Connecticut?

Sea, maybe this is actually Frank Miller's Batman? IN between feeding Robin rats, he makes him shine his shoes.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

LOL! Yeah, that's gotta be Goddamn Batman. :-)

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

How about "Pimp-slap The Punisher Week"?

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Face, that's a truly inspired concept. I alas don't have ANY Punisher scans, with the exception of the one where he teams up with Archie.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Brendan McGinley said...

New London, originally, but NYC these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home