Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: No Comics Today

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

No Comics Today

Due to the selfish desires of UPS men to have a weekend off, the books won't be coming in until Thursday. You would think that celebrating our Nation's Birthday was more important than Comics!

Anyway, we all have to wait an extra day, and I'm a mite on the cranky side. Well, that and the fact that it is about 90 degrees out, and humid as hell. I really am one of those weird people who prefer cold weather to warm. I always look forward to September with a deep and bittersweet longing, right about July and August.

In addition to not having my books to gloat over today, I just received a letter from the AARP telling me that I'm eligible to join their ranks. This does not really excite me as much as they may have thought. True, the thought of getting old Fart discounts is appealing, but I don't really WANT to go to Denny's for the Early Bird Special. Although I DO find staying up past 11:00 to be quite difficult anymore.

But speaking of old farts...!

Photobucket

This is what the meetings at the Justice Society have degenerated into. You just KNOW that trying to get everyone to pay their fair share AND the tip is a royal pain. Poor Jay is just so desperate. And Johnny Thunder is thinking about sneaking out and leaving the Genii stuck with the bill. AND, they all drink decaf.

I think I'll go sit on my veranda and yell at the kids.

2 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I'm with ya! I'll take cold weather over hot weather any day!

Just think about how long those Justice Society guys have been getting Old Fart discounts. I'll bet Jay and Alan have been meeting at Denny's for breakfast every day for about five decades now! ;-)

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Crap! Did I say ante meridian? I MEANT post meridian! I USED to be able to sleep until 11:00, but now I'm turning into one those disgustingly cheerful people who bound out of bed at 6:00 in the morning!

Yeah, I imagine they even have their "own" table, and throw a hissy fit if some poor waitress gives it to somebody else by mistake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home