Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Let's all take a Whack at Hal

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Let's all take a Whack at Hal

Yes, I'm at it again. This is the sort of thing that happens when I can't really think of a single thing that is witty or inciteful to say. I fall back on that most precious of crutches...Hal Jordan getting Whacked

Hal Pictures

And Boy Howdy, is he ever!

I'm not completely sure where I found this particular scan, probably either Scipio or Sea of Green, but that sure looks a lot like Wildcat and Hourman taking their sweet time giving poor old Hal the once-over. What is REALLY strange, is that they are apparently laboring under the assumption that they are actually beating up Alan Scott.

They may both be Green Lanterns, but really, if you can't tell Alan from Hal, then there is definitely something wrong with you. Alan may have a weakness to wood, but Hal certainly doesn't. What Hal has a weakness for, is women, marriage proposals and yellow ceiling tiles.

6 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

*Snicker.* This is from one of those old Earth 1/Earth 2 crossover stories -- yet another "oh-no-the-hero's-mind-has-been-taken-over-and-he's-not-responsible-for-his-actions" story. Thing is, prior to getting pummelled, Hal was being a complete and total ass (I mean, even more than usual). So, when Mr. Terrific and Wildcat finally wupped him, he kinda deserved it. :-)

I should dig out this story. It's kinda fun -- but I haven't gotten to the "J"s yet!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

It seems to me too, that it is Mr. Terrific (Terry Sloane) and not Hourman with Wildcat.

Funny strip, for sure Hal's got a hard skull...

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a theory that the size of Hal's ego is inversely proportionate to the number of head injuries he receives.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just now realized that I put 'inversely' when I should have put 'directly'.

That's what I get for trying to think before coffee.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Looks to me like they know he's not Alan -- they talk about the yellow weakness being removed from his ring and being replaced by "the weakness of our Earth Two Green Lantern -- wood!" which I would assume refers to Alan.

But boy, watching Hal getting beat in the head with sticks never gets old. I'm curious as to what happened in the panels right before these: how did he end up dazed on the ground, and how did they know he now had a wood weakness?

...Did Hal run into that tree? Someone who's read this issue, please say he did.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well...Hal has a penchant for behaving like an ass at the BEST of times...but boy has he ever been mind-controlled a LOT!

Mr. Terrific and Wildcat probably found it to be very cathartic.

It's a good thing that Hal has such a full head of hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home