Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: More Amazing Stuff

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More Amazing Stuff

Man, is it me, or has there been some rather spectacular posters and artwork posted lately? Anyway, I stumbled upon this little gem, over at Newsarama, and had to show it.

Photobucket

It helps of course, that I'm a Neil Gaiman and Sandman fan.

The characters were drawn by some of the various artists that did the artwork throughout the series, which is rather nice. It's for the 20th anniversary of Sandman, which is making me feel rather old at the moment.

I am pleased to say that I knew ALL the characters with the exception of Gregory, whose name I couldn't remember, but I DID know that he was Cain's little pet.

Do YOU know all the characters?

6 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

This is a series that I keep MEANING to read, but I keep getting sidetracked by other series. :-( I may have to pick it up now that Y: The Last Man is done.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Glaring omission: Barnaby

Oh, and Nuala (sp?)

And, yep. I feel old too, now.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

OMG! The entire Gaimanverse! Well, at least part of it :D. If you don't mind, I'm stealing it from your blog, lol. I can even see the little golden dragon. Good! Thanks for posting this, and yes, I should have seen it at Newsarama but it looks like I haven't been there in a while...

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Brickyard 400 this weekend, Sally! (Yeah, I know it's technically the "Allstate 400" -- but we Hoosiers still stubbornly call it the BRICKYARD 400. We LOVE our Brickyard, dammit!)

This whole thing about the Toyota drivers being asked to tone things down is interesting ...

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I was rather disappointed to see the absence of Barnabas as well. And I loved Emperer Norton, and he's not there either. But still a beautiful piece of art.

Of COURSE it is still the Brickyard 400! I don't care what silly little company is sponsoring it. Heck, it took me three years to stop calling it the Winston Cup, and I'd just gotten used to the Nextel Cup, when they went and changed it AGAIN!

Go Tony!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

Barnabas is a missed clearly and I would have prefered Destruction in his modern fashion... but it's a wonderful poster !

Three Septembers and a january is my favorite Sandman issue, I love so much Norton... I don't know if you know it but Gaiman was in a long writer's block when he wrote this one, he was not very satisfied with it but now he says that it's one of his favorite.
Some years ago I had translated all of the issue in french in order to my friends who don't read english could appreciate it. 5 i have done it three times one for this one, the second was "tales in the sand" the story with Nuala and Sandman in the fashion of an african tale and the third "my blue heaven" from alan moore swamp thing... which remains my favorite issue of all the comics I have read

The three rock musicians, I don't remember seeing them in the Sandman and the drummer look a lot like Gaiman.

And I lovvve Lady Bast, always loved the cat egyptian godess...

n.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home