Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Well, Fancy That!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Well, Fancy That!

Green Lanterns
Green Lantern Corps #29
Written by Peter J. Tomasi
Art & Cover by Pat Gleason and Drew Geraci

The lead-in to "Blackest Night" begins with the "Sins of the Star Sapphire". Catch a glimpse into
the beginning of the latest Corps being formed and what it will mean to the Green Lanterns. Plus Ice proposes to Guy Gardner!


Oh. Oh my.

I first saw this over on Geoff Johns Green Lantern Message Board this morning, and literally squealed with joy. And so, I imagine did all of the OTHER Guy/Ice fans. All twelve of us. Because we are FINALLY getting some Ice and Guy interaction, although I must admit that I have my suspicions about the August issue as well.

And I must also admit that I'm really hoping that they'll cut poor Guy a break for a change, and actually let him have a little tiny bit of happiness. Not to mention Tora has been having a bit of a tough time of it as well, what with being dead and all that.

That's rather an interesting cover, by the way. In addition to Guy and Tora, we also have the happy couple from Tales of the Sinestro Corp, Vath and some woman, and Kyle and Soranik.

Wait.

Kyle and Soranik? As a couple? That's interesting. It's true that Kyle hasn't had much of a love life lately, but they did play up his involvement with Donna in Ion and Countdown. I guess it fizzled. On the other hand, Donna is probably the only woman in the Universe who is immune to the famous Rayner "Kiss of Death". Seriously, being involved with Kyle is bad for your health. And dammit, I LIKE Soranik! I don't want her to die! I've also never noticed the least bit of interest between her and Kyle, so this could just be the start of things.

Oh, and Green Lantern Corps is coming out tomorrow. FINALLY!

8 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Ice = Latest addition to the Star Sapphires.

That's my guess, anyway. ;-)

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Carol Ferris vs. Cowgirl. Considering all the problems he's caused for the Zamarons, will Hal rate TWO Sapphires?

Kyle and Soranik? I gotta admit, I never expected THAT one, if that indeed is what they're planning!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I ALSO think that John needs a girlfriend. They need to bring Katma BACK, dammit!

I can hardly wait to see where this is all going. But mainly I'm just glad to see Ice for a change.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger ShellyS said...

I hope you, and Guy, get what you want. ;)

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh, and Green Lantern Corps is coming out tomorrow. FINALLY!"

It is about time.

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said...

I'm still not sure if I should embrace the warm fuzzy feelings or suspect that it's a trick and go get an axe. Still, fingers crossed for Ice & Guy! :D

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

So, if someone already has a ring from one set of Lanterns, can they be tapped by a different set of Lanterns? For example -- Laira was presented with a red ring AFTER she'd lost her green ring. BUT, if a Green Lantern is having a particulary bad day, could a red or purple or yellow ring, just as examples, approach him or her and usurp the green ring?

I know Batman got dumped by a yellow ring after it sensed Batman had once worn Hal's ring -- but Batman was also fighting against the yellow ring's influence. For the most part, though, the yellow rings don't seem to take "no" for an answer!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That's an interesting question. CAN you wear more than one ring at a time? Since the Green represents the "middle" of the emotional spectrum, I suspect that a Green Lantern could possibly get away with wearing and using more than one ring. However, Geoff Johns has said that the further away from the center, the more extreme the effects of the emotion, so I would believe that when you start getting to the red or violet end of the rainbow, it would be much more difficult, if not impossible to access the power of the other colors.

Or something.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Beautiful Cover! :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home