Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Be Still, my little Fangirlish Heart

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Be Still, my little Fangirlish Heart

It seems as though there has been nothing but good news coming out of San Diego lately. I knew that there had been numerous hints about some project that Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver were up to, together, but it has finally been revealed that they are going to do The Flash: Rebirth.

Photobucket

I am enthralled. Geoff's writing, Ethan's majestic artwork, and coloring by Moose Baumann! I missed you Moose! It's going to be lovely. And if it turns out as well as the Green Lantern, Rebirth of Hal Jordan, then it is going to be lucrative for DC as well.

Some people are thrilled that Barry Allen is back, and some people are disgruntled. I am firmly in the thrilled department. I like Barry. I've always liked Barry. Although Jay Garrett is my FAVORITE Flash, I like all of them pretty much, although I must admit that I really do prefer Bart as Impulse. Grown up, he was just too much like Wally. And frankly, if you can have multiple Green Lanterns, and Green Arrows running all over the place, then by God, you can have multiple Flashes. For that matter, there are a crapload of Bat-related characters, not to mention Super-people and Amazons.

Besides, I'm just wild for Barry's manly crew-cut. Roowrr.

And he's a CSI ! People actually know what that is now! Furthermore, I think that the Rogues will be delighted. Oh, they've enjoyed tangling with Wally over the years, and I think that they are genuinely sorry about what happened with Bart, but somehow, you just never get over fighting your first hero. I just think that Barry holds a special place in their black little hearts.

So...we have this to look forward to next year, along with the whole Blackest Night thingie going on in the Green Lantern Universe. It just makes my Fangirlish little heart go pitter-pat.

Oh, here's another Flash picture. No real reason, other than I like how it implies movement.
Photobucket

Nicely done.

9 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy that he's back, but it is a little sad to see DC break one of the few storytelling traditions they kept. Barry died a hero, and DC's decision to let that death rest this long was a tribute to the magnitude of the character.

I guess, much as I love the character, I'm just sad to see that tribute end.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger Michael Bailey said...

I always felt that the WB (when there was a WB) really missed the boat by not doing a CSI style Flash series.

I mean it seemed like a no brainer to me.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

Mr Baumann !!! so good, with Johns and Van Sciver... be still my heart ^^ lol on the flash... better a rebirth flash.... enthralled too!!!

I haven't read any Barry Allen's stories, I haven't read the Crisis where he died too.

When I started reading comcis the two fact that people considered to be written in stone were the death of Bucky and Barry Allen. The resurection of Bucky was done in such a way that it had a meaning and offer new future for the character. If it's in the same vein for this flash I think it would be good.

And I trust Johns, his recent works contiuily satisfied me, so I am quite confiant. He was a good writer bt he grows better and better as time goes on as I am concerned. And the CSI angle coold be very intersting.


n.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I rather hope that they do play up the whole CSI angle, because I think that it could work quite well. It also gives Barry some additional depth. So far, I think only Batman really seems to use forensics much.

I trust Geoff Johns too.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Well, if anyone has a hope of pulling this off, it's Geoff Johns (and that's no doubt what DC is counting on). Here's hoping, though, that the hype or Johns' success with Green Lantern doesn't doom this tale from the get-go.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

I would add Doctor Midnight from the JSA, he has CSI capacities at least in the medical/scientific field.

Johns is hype but in his case I find his fame rewarded.

And I like the idea of SpeedsterS but if each flash as his particular voice. It seems very possible there

N.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Stephen said...

i'm excited to

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Stephen said...

im excited to. can we get an elongated man rebirth?

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Only if he brings Sue with him. They're a team, after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home