Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Kilowog and Arisia

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Kilowog and Arisia

Two of my favorite characters. I started thinking about them, mainly because of Sea of Green, and a post that she did over at the Hoosier Journal of Inanity, whereing she speculates that perhaps Kilowog and Arisia ought to get together. Then I was over at Duskdog's site, Towards Twilight, where she has some excellent fanfiction about Green Lanterns, and she even had a story about Kilowog and Arisia, called "Lucky". And it occurs to me, that it is TIME, dammit!

Time for Kilowog to get a love life. He had that odd little attraction to Arisia, that dates from waaaaaaay back in the day, but he's never really acted on it. Arisia knows about it, because she had to go into his head while he was trying to snuff Sinestro, but I don't know if she has ever really made any mention of it. Because at the time, she was completely hung up on Hal Jordan, and we all know how THAT worked out.

But anyway, the Corps is back together, and Arisia is back from the dead. While she still thinks that Hal Jordan hung the moon, I don't get the feeling that she's quite that same naive love-struck young girl anymore. His behavior as Parallax probably went a long way towards erasing the stars from her eyes, and hanging out with Guy at the bar probably helped too. Plus she had that whole "dead" thing going on.

I did think that it was interesting in that issue of Green Lantern where she is resurrected, and she and Hal are battling the giant Manhunters, that she says that she missed "this" meaning, the fighting, while Hal says that he missed "her." But he's all hung up over Cowgirl at the moment, not to mention probably having mixed feelings about Carol Ferris, and while he may be happy enough to kiss her, I don't think that he's in love with Arisia anymore.

I think that Kilowog on the other hand, COULD be. He was a bit over-protective of her during the whole Sinestro Corps kerfuffle when they were battling over Mogo. He doesn't seem to think TOO highly of Sodam Yat, who is her new partner. For that matter, I don't get the impression that Arisia herself thinks too much of Sodam Yat. With all of his power, he's a bit too raw and uncertain. As big an idiot as Hal can be, he's NEVER uncertain, and the same thing goes for Guy, two men, that she's quite fond of. The same thing goes for Kilowog. So it might be nice for a bit of a budding romance between the two of them.

While we are at it, let's find somebody for poor old John. He's been lonely for a very long time. Or else resurrect Katma. Heck, everybody ELSE has come back. And I want to see Guy and Tora go out on a date, dagnabit! And it is possibly more than time for Salaak to go back to that resort planet and hang out with those android Tigergirlzzzzz. He's been awfully tense lately.

Green Lanterns

Oh Kilowog. There's just so much of you to love.

6 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

You'd think with Dwayne McDuffie writing JLA, he'd find a way to hook up John Stewart with Vixen.

I really don't like the hints that the GLC writers are looking to hook up Arisia with Sodam Yat. It also kinda goes against her character. Arisia has a long history of prefering the company of veterans over rookies. It was one of the reasons why she had a crush on Hal in the first place (he was the "greatest Green Lantern" and all that). Perhaps that's a superficial attitude on her part, but it's definitely in character.

I think Geoff Johns has already hinted that Kilowog is still carrying a torch for Arisia. Remember in the "Revenge of the Green Lanterns" storyline, when Kil visited Morro in the GL crypts, and saw the statue of Arisia? ("Poor kid.") Yep, I think a spark is still here.

Problem is, Arisia has never shown the slightest romantic interest in Kilowog, so something would have to happen to change her attitude.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger FoldedSoup said...

Have they ever shown a female from Bolovax Vik?

Now, THAT would be something...

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

I'm not sure how I feel about them possibly hooking up Arisia and Yat (which it appears they're doing). On the one hand, I think he has pretty good potential, and his brashness probably reminds her of Hal a little, but he is still very much a rookie and, as you said, still a bit uncertain.

I think, with Arisia being a bit more mature now and not as blinded by Hal anymore, she could start to appreciate Kilowog more. Maybe they could just show them spending time together casually for a while, then Arisia starts to realize "oh, hey, I really enjoy his company", and so on and so forth. It would have to be gradual for it to work, I think, since she seemed pretty sure about not being interested in him back when she first found out how he felt (which wasn't really fair on her part, I think, because she didn't even take an instant to consider it!).

And I suppose it's pretty obvious from "Lucky" that I think Guy would try to set his buddy up with her if he knew that 'Wog was carrying a torch. After all, he wants to see Arisia happy, too, and I'm not sure yet what Guy thinks of Yat, but I think he'd be thrilled over the idea of Arisia and Kilowog together. At least then he'd know he wouldn't have to beat up anybody for hurting either one of them.

I'm dying to see Guy and Tora's date, too. And poor John. I can't even write fanfic setting him up with anybody new because I want to see him with Katma again so badly.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

John and Vixen would be ok with me, although it would be nice if they could actually get her skin color correct.

I'm not sure that Arisia even LIKES Yat. I get the impression, that she thinks he's insecure and a bit of a dolt. Mainly I suppose, because I think that he's insecure and a bit of a dolt.

Soup, Pat Gleason showed Kilowog with his "family" on Mogo recently. Basically, they all look pretty much alike.

Duskdog, I'm pretty sure that Arisia is fond of Kilowog, but possibly in the same way that she's fond of Guy, more of a big brother sort of relationship. Remember when Kilowog was more or less abandoned on earth (thank you Hal!) Guy and Arisia were the ONLY ones who even remembered the poor guy was still alive! He and Guy would beat each other up and have a wonderful time, while Arisia would go shopping for him and bring him trashy gossip magazines.

On the other hand, she WAS pretty broken up when she thought he was dead. (thank you Hal!) I think that it could work, but it would take some time.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Mana G said...

Somewhere, deep in my mind, I have an intellegent, well thought-out response to this post, (that agrees with you whole-heartedly), but it is buried somewhere beneath my initial reaction, "Ohmigod! That would ble the cutest thing EVER!" And that's really all I have to say.
That and: A good artist could come up with some friggin' ADORABLE pictures depicting an Arisa/Kilowog relationship.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It would be cute. Kilowog is adorable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home