Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Finally!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, May 02, 2008

Finally!

Yes! I finally got my new books yesturday. It was something of a dilemna trying to read my customary blogs and sites without getting spoiled TOO much. I have to say that it was a pretty darned good week.

Blue Beetle #26 was very good. This was the famous all-Spanish issue, and I thought that they did an excellent job. I took four years of Spanish in High School, but have managed to forget most of it. I DO have an excellent accent however. But I was able to dredge up enough memory that it was fine, and the artwork was clear and concise so that it all made sense anyway. Then I went to the back and read the translation, and it was a relief to know that I had actually figured out a lot of it.

It does just go to show that Jaime has the best support and family in comicbookdom. And that I was sorry the tamales were all gone, because I love tamales.

DC Univers 0 by Grant Morrison and Geoff Johns was rather on the enjoyable side. The art was fun, and there were bits and pieces and hints and clues being laid. The bit where Hal and John are examining the results of Black Hand's little escapade was great, where Hal admits that he's never paid much attention to Black Hand's powers. It is SUCH a Hal thing to say. Don't bother actually trying to study your opponents methods or powers, just jump right in and look fabulous. No wonder John looks a little perturbed. The two-page spread of all the colors of the spectrum was gorgeous.

I honestly may be about the only person that doesn't mind if they bring back Barry Allen. I LIKE Barry, I always have. His honesty and decency made him a likeable sort of fellow. If they can have a bunch of Green Lanterns running around, they can have a bunch of Flashes. It's the same argument really, they may have similar powers, but they are distinctly different kinds of people, and apply their powers in unique ways. And a CSI would be an interesting addition I think. He could team up with Batman. Plus there is that whole unresolved thing from the Lightning Sage still dangling out there.

Green Lantern #30 was fabulous, and I'll get to it tomorrow.

Jack of Fables #22. Another good issue, this one isn't played for laughs for a change, but it DOES have Bigby in it, so I'm overjoyed. And there was a lovely bit at the end with Babe the tiny blue Ox,doing his usual existential bit of hilarity.

JSA Classified #37, featuring Wildcat. Ted and Selina team up and fun things happen.

Teen Titans: Year One. Yes! I have been waiting an awful long time for this, it seems. The story and the artwork are both wonderful, and gosh darn it, it is just so...so CUTE! I love this.

Thor: Ages of Thunder. Wow! This was really good! Matt Fraction has an unnusual take on the old Norse myths and does a very nice job with it. I read the Eddas back in College, heck I even had the runic alphabet memorized at one point in my life, so I really really liked this. The artwork was lovely as well. Thor is a real bastard, but then again, they ALL are to a degree. Is it wrong that I actually like Loki the best?

I hope that EVERYONE enjoyed their comics this week.

6 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Yay, you got your comics! Looking forward to your writeup of GL #30! :-)

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger notintheface said...

The thing about Barry Allen is that in the past the writers made a big issue about how dull and boring Barry's job was, but he was a CSI! His "boring" profession spawned 3 hit TV shows.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Stephen said...

i totally missed the whole barry allen thing. can some one break it down for me is the falling buring guy barry?

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Will Staples said...

They said straight out in an interview that the burning guy isn't Barry. They don't say it explicitly, but I believe it's Darkseid, being reborn after his death in Countdown.

If they bring Barry back for good, I just hope they don't get rid of Wally...

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I like ALL the Flashes, so I am hoping that NONE of them die. I'm getting a bit fed up with death anyway.

Actually my favorite Flash is Jay. I love the hat.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

It's official: the Reyeses are the DCU's #1 Family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home