Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh Gad, it's Monday

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Oh Gad, it's Monday

The start of another week, and all of that. In addition, it is raining. Normally that might depress me, but we haven't had any rain in quite a while, and it is such a soft sweet Spring rain. Autumn in New England is pretty darned spectacular, but I have to say that Spring is awfully nice as well. The tulips and the daffodils are blooming, and the trees are putting out their tiny furtive leaves in that lovely pale shade of green. The rain has washed away all the pollen and dust, and everything is just...gleaming.

Well, so much for waxing poetic.

Wednesday is looming only a couple of days away. Wednesday, with its perpetual promise of NEW comics. Good stuff like Green Lantern and Blue Beetle are coming out this week. I think that one of the reasons that I like comics so much, is that in its own weird way, it is a way to recapture that childish sense of anticipation that was also so enjoyable, especially right before Christmas. In fact sometimes Christmas itself was a bit of an anticlimax, and there have certainly been any number of Wednesdays that didn't pan out quite the way that I thought they would. And yet...I still enjoy that feeling of hope.

Good grief, I'm STILL waxing poetic. I'd better do something about that, toot sweet. So, I give you THIS picture.

Photobucket

Crom! That HAS to be Frank Cho. It certainly has all the perquisites of a proper Conan cover. Huge muscles, loincloth, huge sharp weapon, reclining half-nekkid female...all check. And yet, when I looked at it, I found myself bursting into slightly hysterical giggles...because all I could think of was..."My GAWD, those are amazing birthing hips!"

I should really grow up.

4 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Hooray for birthing hips! In our society that some how elevates Paris Hilton as pretty, it's great to see the classic curvy figure appreciated once again. And Frank Cho has always done it well.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They ARE amazing birthing hips,though.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

CURVES RULE!!! ;-)

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

One of the reasons that I like Frank Cho's art...other than his incredible linework, is that his women HAVE curves.

Oh, and because Liberty Meadows is hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home